Monday, November 3, 2008

While I'm Waiting

Saturday afternoon I went to go see the movie Fireproof. It was made by the same people who did Facing the Giants. I thought it might be a cheesy Christian love movie but I was pleasantly surprised. I was so excited to see Kirk Cameron in this movie. It was a role I have never seen him play and he did a phenomenal job. The movie as a whole was wonderful. It had it's cheesy moments of course, but it had a little bit of action and there were times when you were sitting on the edge of your seat because you didn't know what was going to happen. Then it had moments where you laughing out loud and then the next minute you have a tear rolling down your face. They told the plan of salvation and did not sugar coat it either. It was a well told story that you really couldn't predict what would happen at the end. It was an awesome movie.

I knew I wanted to see it but then I also didn't. It's all about "fireproofing" your marriage and since I'm not married I didn't think I would get anything really out of the movie. I was so wrong. I think everyone should see this. I think this is a great movie for singles to watch just as much as it is for couples. First of all it's a great guide to getting your marriage to a great start but you can take some of the tools they demonstrated and use it on your friendships but you can also use it to get your relationship with the Lord where it needs to be.

It encouraged me to work on my walk with the Lord. I was saved at an early age and I've always tried to keep my relationship with Him close but it does waiver. Lately it hasn't been the greatest because I have these deep insecurities about myself that I let get in the way of so many things. My walk with the Lord has been one of those things. To be honest, I've let the devil talk me into thinking that the Lord doesn't really care about me like He used to. The only dream that I ever really truly had was to be married and have a family of my own. But I'm 31 years old and that has not happened and I do get very down and depressed about it at times. It's what I think about constantly and that is where my insecurities come into play. I find all these things wrong about myself and talk myself into thinking that I'm second to everyone and I'm not really worthy of anyone's love. But while watching Fireproof I learned a lesson. That even though I'm single and no prospect of marriage is in sight God still loves me. He sent His Son to die for me. How dare I question His love when He made the ultimate sacrifice for me. There was a point in the movie where Kirk Cameron's character was frustrated because he wasn't see the results that he was expecting at that particular point in his work on his marriage. A song was being played that I just fell in love with and have decided to adopt it for myself. It speaks exactly what is in my heart. It's by the artist John Waller and the name of the song is While I'm Waiting. I want to share the words with you.

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship You
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord.

I may still be single but that doesn't mean that I still can't worship and serve the Lord. That doesn't mean that I can't still tell people about Him and what He has accomplished in me. I want to serve the Lord with all my heart and serve Him with all that is in me. I pray that while you wait that you can say the same.
Please go see Fireproof. It will change you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I am actually going to see that movie on Friday night with Steven...I can't wait! Although you may not see it, you are at a wonderful place in your life. You know exactly what you want, and while you wait on the Lord, you have awesome time to spend with him. When you have a husband and begin to have children(not that it's a bad thing)your time with God seems to dwindle because you are pulled in so many directions. Not that I would take anything in the world for my family, I do envy you for this precious time you have with the Lord. Don't ever take that for granted, because you'll miss it when it's gone. I love you and am praying for you!
Serena