Thursday, November 13, 2008

Money, Money, Money.....MONEY!!

Today is a pretty dreary day here in Nashville but I love it. The sun has peeked out a few times today but not much but this is a perfect fall day. I actually find it quite romantic and peaceful.

Tuesday night I went to a fish fry at the church and it turned out so well. We made almost $500 and we had a huge turnout. I was so excited about that. I believe that we are half way to our goal. Like I said before the Ladies Prayer Group at church is raising money for some video equipment for the church and this fish fry was to help with that and it was a huge success! We didn't charge a certain amount for a plate but asked for an offering that we put at the front of the buffet table. It worked tremendously! I highly recommend asking for an offering instead of charging a certain amount. People are so much more giving than you realize...or maybe it's just my church. They have such a giving heart. They give for everything. Any time that there is a need a church they don't hesitate in giving money where needed. They just give.

Last night after church I went home and watched the CMA Awards that I DVR'd. I didn't realized that there was so much singing but it seemed like every country star got up and sang. I love Taylor Swift's number and Kellie Pickler's as well. I really loved Brad Paisley and Keith Urbans's duet that started out the show. Those two fantastic guitarists! I could have listened to that all night. I was excited to see Brad Paisley co-host the show. I always thought he was hilarious! If you ever see his videos or listen to his music there is quite a bit of humor in them. I thought it was so cute when he won his category that he went down into the crowd and hugged and kissed his wife's belly. She's pregnant and I thought that was so sweet. You could hear the whole crowd go, "Awwwwwe!" It was a pretty decent award show. It wasn't ever boring or draggy like I thought the Emmy's were this year!

I had lunch today with my mom at Logan's Roadhouse. That is very rare when it's just the two of us going out to eat. We had a good time. We mainly talked about Christmas and Thanksgiving plans and the CMA Awards. I actually couldn't believe that she watched it. She loves Brad Paisley (who doesn't?). She has become a pretty big fan lately. I should take her to the CMA Fest one night next year....what do you say, Tammy, want to try and take her with us next year? Of course we will have to try and get on the lower level or else she can't go. My mom is afraid of heights. I remember for Christmas or her birthday or Mother's Day I got her, dad and myself tickets to go see "Annie" at TPAC. I got tickets on the tier level and it was high and she didn't really enjoy it at all because we were sitting so high she was getting sick. I was okay with the seats but then again, I don't have the fear of heights like she does. I made up for it when I got us tickets to go see "12 Angry Men" as another gift for some occasion that I can't remember. I think this one was Mother's Day. John Boy from the Waltons was starring in it along with some guy from Knots Landing so I knew she wanted to go see it. I was able to get tickets on the Orchestra Level and we were able to get pretty close so I know she enjoyed it. I enjoyed it also. It was a really good play. I recommend people go see it if they get the chance.

So tonight I don't have much to do except for a bit of laundry. I'm always bad about waiting until I have nothing left to wear and so I have like 4 loads to do in one night and since I run everything through the dryer at least 2 or 3 times before it dries, I'm up really late on these nights. But Survivor and The Office is on tonight so at least I'll be happy. I do have some friends coming over tonight to watch The Office with me. They love it as much as I do and it's more fun watching with people so you don't feel like an idiot laughing to yourself. But you can't help it. Steve Carell is so funny but I actually don't like his character that much because he's so annoying. My favorite has to be Dwight. He's so weird that he's hilarious. So I'm looking forward to tonight.

Have a great night!

No comments: