Wednesday, November 5, 2008

From Sea to Shining Sea

Well, the elections are done and over and I'm so glad that they are. I have never been so sick of seeing political ads and morning talk shows filled with politics as I have been this year. The media was so biased this year and I thought it was just unfair. I'm not one to really understand everything there is to know about politics but I did keep up with everything the best I could this time around. I'm disappointed of course in the outcome. I think America got it wrong with whom they chose but now there isn't anything we can do about it. I am worried and concerned now with where our country will be headed but all we can do is give it to God. He knows truly what is best for all of us and all we can do now is pray that He will guide our new leader. I know that there are such strong opinions on our new president-elect but I do hope they everyone will now pray for him and respect him for the position he is in and to now support him. I do believe that he does have the best interest of our country at heart even though you can't always see it. But I will pray for him. That's all I can do now. But on the positive side...how exciting was it to watch history being made? Our first ever black president.

Enough, about politics. Last night I went to get my hair redone. As I mentioned a few blogs ago that I went to get my hair cut and colored. The color didn't take because it had lightened up so much on vacation that my hair wouldn't grab the color. So my stylist suggested that I try some oil treatments at home. This sounded so crazy to me but what I did was put mayo on my hair and leave it on for about an hour. I had heard that mayo was a great conditioner but let me tell you it felt weird...not to mention it made me extremely hungry. I was craving a ham and cheese sandwich for an hour. :) I did this treatment twice before last night and my hair felt so much better. The dryness and brittleness (is that a word?) of my hair was gone and the color took to my hair this time. I love it! It's so dark. I'm very pleased. I'm going to try and keep up with the oil treatments on my hair for a few more weeks and see how shiny I can get it.

Things have been pretty slow here at work. You might notice as you read this that you are hearing music. I realized that I could add a playlist so I did that yesterday. I really like it. I got most of the songs off the Fireproof soundtrack added on here. They were awesome songs. I couldn't get While I'm Waiting. It wasn't on the website to download so I hope they add it soon. Speaking of that...some of you have sent me messages on Facebook regarding a couple of my posts and I just wanted to thank you all for your kind encouraging words. It has meant alot to me and it feels good knowing that there are people out there praying for me. Remember that I'm praying for you as well.

I'm sorry that this post was a little on the boring side. There really isn't anything new gonig on to talk about. Have a great night and I promise that I'll try and come up with some interesting things to talk about tomorrow. :)

No comments: