Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dream A Little Dream With Me

It is a beautiful day here in Nashville. The weather couldn't be any nicer. It's actually a soothing balm on my soul today. I've been struggling so much lately with certain issues that it helps to look outside my office window and see the sunshine and the beautiful trees. I believe we are in our fall peak season and it's just gorgeous everywhere I look. It makes me wish that I was in the mountains or taking a walk on a trail somewhere. I love days like these.

Like I've mentioned before I've been struggling lately to where I almost feel like I've fallen in a hole and I can't claw and climb my way out of it. I'm determined to lean on the Lord and I know that with His strength I can get through it. I know changes have to be made within myself and I need to find the person that I once was. I know that will all start with the Lord. I had a long talk with my sister in law last night. I love talking to her. She always has great advice and she listens to what I have to say but she always will put me in my place if I need and makes me see reason. I know she loves and I can't imagine her not in my life even though she makes fun of my northern accent and words. I still love her redneck heart. But as long as I know I've got people who genuine love me and pray for me I know that I will overcome these struggles and be the person that the Lord wants me to be. Please keep praying for me.

Thursdays have become one of my favorite days. I don't really know why but it has. I think because it's one of the few nights a week I get to myself. I was supposed to go out with a friend tonight but I think those have been cancelled so it will be a quiet evening at home. That's fine. I need to catch up on some laundry and do some light housekeeping. My parents are out of town so I'm having to go by their house and let the dog out and make sure he's eating. So after work I'll be doing that and I was thinking of stopping by Wal-Mart to look at some fabric and wallpaper. I'm trying to come up with creative ideas to decorate my apartment. I'm doing my kitchen and dining room in the Tuscan yellow, reds, and green colors. I love those colors. I think they are so soothing. Anyway, a lady who attends my church is a fabulous decorator. Her home could be in a magazine it's so beautiful. Well, she had these plates hanging on her wall that I loved and they were the colors I was using. She had gotten for like $1 each in AL and she offered to pick me up some the next time she went down there. So she got them and I hung them up in my dining room but the plates get lost on wall. The plates are white with a decorative picture on them and since my walls are white as well they don't look the best hanging there. So I'm going to try and find some wallpaper or fabric and cut out a piece and then hang it on the wall and frame it with a black wooden frame and hang the plates in the middle. It sounds like it might work but I won't know until I actually hang it up. So I'll keep you posted and maybe post a picture of it and let you tell me how it looks.

Survivor and The Office are on tonight so I'll have an enjoyable evening. I also just started a new book. It's actually the third book in a series. They are older but I've never read them before. It's by Beverly Lewis and it is a story about this Amish family. It took me awhile to get into them but they are interesting. I'm just buying my time until Karen Kingsbury's new book comes out on November 11. If you have ever read anything by her you might remember her 9/11 series. There are only two books in that series but she decided to write a third so it comes out next. I'm excited. That was a great series and I'm glad she's expanding it. When read this series it brings back all the emotions you had on that horrific day but the read is so worth it. She's an unbelievable writer and I can only dream about telling stories the way she does. That is the biggest dream I have (besides a husband and a family)...to be able to write to where I can support myself. I would love to write a story where you can absolutely get lost in and imagine yourself there in that moment. It's because of Karen Kingsbury's book about the Baxters that I want to live in a house out in the country with a huge pond where my kids can catch frogs and fish and walking trails where I can get lost with my husband talking our day and our future together. *Sigh* Maybe someday. But until then I will keep up with the little writing I do and pray that my dream will come true. I'm determined to write full time some day. I would like to start out writing for magazines and also try to conjure up an idea for a good story to tell people someday.

What is your dream? Are you living out your dream today? If not, what are you doing to try and make your dream come true?

1 comment:

Luxembourg said...

I trained as a classical vocalist in college but stopped because of family and career. When I heard Jackie's voice, for the first time in my life I heard perfection. Let's be clear, my voice will never reach the natural perfection she possesses, but listening to her helps me understand the direction I need to be going. Her tones are crystal clear, yet she has vibrato. Her pitch is exact. By trying to emulate her sound, I have actually improved my own voice. In fact I auditioned and was recently accepted into the most prestigious chorus in the city. I credit this achievement in a great part to Jackie because she showed me to way to excellence.