Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I miss Mayberry...sitting on the porch drinking ice-cold cherry coke..

Yesterday I didn't make it to work. I got up and got ready but I had another one of my dizzy spells so I ended up staying home. These put me out for an entire day. It comes with a migraine and nausea. It's not fun and when they come on, I'm completely useless. So I've accepted that I just have to stay home and lay in bed or on the couch when they come on. They don't come on very often but when they do it's bad.

But on the bright side it was nice to stay at home the entire day and not do a thing. I don't remember the last time that happened. So I pretty much spent the day watching TV and doing a few loads of laundry. I didn't spend my time watching Maury or the courtroom judging shows. Those are so pointless and a waste of good TV time. I did watch Little House of the Prairie though. :) I had not seen that show in forever. Stupid thing still makes me cry but you can't help it when they are on there bawling like babies. I have a rule anyway that when you cry in my presence I cry along with you. Apparently that applies to people crying on TV as well.

The other night I had DVR'd some GAC shows that they were doing on Brad Paisley. Just to remind everyone that I'm a HUGE Brad Paisley fan. Anyway, they were showing a behind the scenes of the making of his video Waiting on a Woman. Have you seen it? It's so sweet. First of all Brad Paisley seems to be one of the most humble and nicest guy around. His songs are so good and funny and his videos are so great. They are filled with humor. Secondly, he had Andy Griffith in the video. I've heard horror stories of Andy Griffith but after seeing him behind the scenes I don't know if they are true. He was so sweet, cute and funny and he seemed truly appreciative that he was asked to be in the video. You can watch the video here if you haven't seen it. After watching the special it made me want to watch The Andy Griffith Show so I was able to catch a few episodes yesterday. After all these years it is still a good show. It's still so funny. I love it. It's a good show to base how you want to raise your children on. But it made me feel so nostalgic. Does that happen to you? I miss the more simple slow paced life that we used to live. Everyone is always in a hurry and needing to be here and there for this reason or another. People also seemed much happier and less selfish back then they are these days. That's not to say that people aren't happy these days but life just seemed easier and more peaceful back in the days of Mayberry. So yesterday was just that for me. It was very peaceful even though I was dizzy and had a bad headache. I laid around watching TV and reading a book. It couldn't have gotten any better than that.

As far as I know my week will be fairly slow and uneventful which is fine with me. I've been so busy the past few months and I know in the next month things will get pretty crazy so I'm going to enjoy the boringness in my life right now. Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week!! That is mind blowing. Where did this year go? It is so true what they say about the older you get the faster it goes. It seems like we just started 2008 and now we are almost in 2009. My niece will be 3 my nephew will be 1 my brother will be 33 I will be 32 and my sister (in law) will turn 30!! I remember when I was you how people in their 30's seemed so old but that sure isn't the case now! I feel like I'm 12 most times! :) Oh well, I'm still going to embrace it and enjoy it.

Hope every one's day is fantastic!

No comments: