Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Stupid Boy!

*Disclaimer - this blog is just a bunch of rambling thoughts today and it's kind of long. :-) Sorry to bore you.

Is Thanksgiving really tomorrow? I can't believe that it is already here. Where has this year gone? But I'm excited about his holiday season. It's one of my favorite times of the year. Last night our church along with three other FWB churches in Nashville got together for a combined Thanksgiving service. It was our year to host it and it went really well. It felt like just a regular Sunday evening service and then of course we had a fellowship afterwards. You can't have a FWB function without eating. It was so good. I had a good time spending time with some of my friends from church that I haven't been able to just sit and talk with in awhile.

We still haven't heard anything yet from mom's test results. They said it could be today but it will probably be Friday or Monday so we are expecting Monday. My mom's not thrilled about going through Thanksgiving not knowing but I think she will be too busy to really think about it. Since my brother and his family are coming up mom will have her hands full with my niece and nephew. I might be cooking the turkey this year. I'm not sure. Since mom's not sore at all from the biopsy she may go ahead and do it but I might actually take a crack at it...with my mother's supervision of course. We usually split up the cooking between her, my sister (in law) and myself. We usually make two dishes a piece. Jenny makes the best stuffing and the best sweet potato casserole. I know it's the best because I'll eat it. I hate sweet potatoes and her casserole is the only one that I'll eat. I don't know what she does to that stuffing but man it's so good! I'm making my famous layered salad. It's really good if I say so myself. I have a cousin who will take the entire dish and eat it as a meal so we usually have to make two but he's not coming so I'm only making one. I also make the green bean casserole. I'm not really sure why I make that every year but I do. I think it's because I've been making that since grade school because it's the easiest dish to make...but it is oh so good. I usually make both those the night before. The casserole tastes better if you make it up and refrigerate it over night...let those ingredients gel together. The salad has to be refrigerated for 8 hours so I always make that the night before. That's fine because mom and Jenny always make theirs on the day we eat so I stay out of their way and let them do all the work. I'm not sure what my mom is making. But I know it will be good. My mom's a really good cook. Last year my parents and I went to Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving so we didn't have our usual meal which was weird but it was nice to not have to do anything. I think we are going back next year unless I miraculously get married before then. Chad and Jenny will be with her family so it will just be the three of us.

Why can the male gender be so stupid sometimes? They say that they have a hard time figuring women out...I can't figure them out sometimes. Maybe it's just me. But they can be just as moody and fickle as women. They start stuff and do things and then...BAM!...they just totally do something in the opposite direction! So frustrating. That's all I really have to say about it but just to say that they are so weird and I just can't figure them out sometimes and it just hurts my heart at times. I was talking to my sister (in law) yesterday about it and I asked her why is it so hard for me? It seems so easy for everyone else to find someone but not me. I know that I'm not the prettiest, smartest, thinnest, or most talented person out there but I do feel like I have something to offer someone if they would just stop and get to know me. What really bothers me is when I see couples fuss and fight and call each other names constantly. I would never do that. I would never treat my husband the way I see some wives treat their husbands. At least I would hope I wouldn't be that way. But you see couples like and wonder how God allows that when I would think I wouldn't be that way. Its very frustrating. OH...and on Facebook I had put as my status once that I wish God and I were on the same timetable. And some idiot man said..."I guess you better change your timetable...I doubt His is going to." Well, duh!! I know that! I was just venting my frustration at the moment about something and I didn't need someone pointing that out to me. I'm very well aware of how God works on those things thank you very much! Whew..that felt good. I've been holding that one in. I'm off my soapbox now.

Dancing with the Stars ended last night and I wasn't surprised with who won. I knew that Brooke and Derek would win from the first week. She was the best dancer from start to finish. I was surprised that Lance and Lacey came in third. They were very good from the beginning and he got better every week. I wasn't too impressed with the cast this year so I'm actually glad it's over. I just wish that we didn't have to wait until next fall for it to come back on. Since they are going on tour soon they can't come back in January or February which stinks. Now I have nothing to watch on Monday nights. Oh well. I'm sure I'll find something to do with my time.

I'm so sorry for those of you who stayed to the end to read this blog. It was incredibly boring even for me as I typed it. I hope that everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving and eat lots of turkey. My favorite is going back later on that night and eating leftovers. I was watching FRIENDS last night and they were doing an episode about Ross getting upset that someone at work ate his leftover Thanksgiving sandwich. He said that it has a moist maker in it which he described it as in the middle of the turkey sandwich there is a slice of bread soaked in gravy. That sounded so yummy. Maybe I should try that.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: