Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I meant to blog yesterday but I was so busy for the most of the day and then I went home early because I had a dizzy spell come on and I was good for nothing. I was upset about that too because last night I was supposed to help my mom put up the tree and decorations at her house and then tonight she was going to help me put up my decorations over at my place. But since I got dizzy I did nothing but lay on the couch all night. I hate it when I get one of those.
Anyway, yesterday was such a pretty day. It actually snowed here. Well, I should say it flurried here and quite heavily at times. It really is starting to look like Christmas around here. I think besides the Fall season Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. It's so pretty with all the lights and all the bustling going on. It also gives me time to watch all my favorite Christmas movies. My favorite is White Christmas. I have to watch that movie every year and I probably watch it at least three times. I love Danny Kaye in it more than anything else. I had the hugest crush on him even though he was old enough to my grandfather. Then I have to watch ELF. That is such a funny movie. It's been on TV twice already and I think I've watched it both times. I also have to watch Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Those kick off the Christmas season for me. :) I have seen those movies dozens of times but I still laugh at all the same spots. It's so funny. This past weekend I went and saw Four Christmases with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon. I wasn't sure how that would work with those two in it together but they were quite cute. I thought they were matched very well. The movie was pretty funny also. It was a very clean movie with limited bad language if at all. I laughed out loud several times.
Thanksgiving went very well for us. My brother and his family came up for it and we had a great time. The kids were as cute as ever. My niece is so funny. Now that she is almost three she is very fun to be around. It's a fun age because you can really interact with her and her imagination is so big. Her and I sat for hours under the dining room table playing "restaurant". We watched on Thanksgiving night Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. I had never seen it. It was really good but not as good as White Christmas. The Friday after Thanksgiving we met some friend at a Mexican restaurant and then tried to brave the crowd at the Cool Springs mall. Let me tell you. We barely lasted an hour there. With five adults and two kids an a double seated stroller you cannot work your way through the mall. It was crazy!! My mom, Jenny, and I along with the kids stopped at the Children's Place. Jenny had the stroller and got trapped in the back of the store for at least 10 minutes because people would not move for her to get through. Then we tried to go to Kirkland's (one of my favorite stores) and the same thing happened except to me because I had the stroller. Then while sitting there Luke grabbed a stand full of pins and dumped them all on the floor. It was a nightmare being there. We decided to just go home. It was so crazy. They say that our country is in a recession but you surely could not tell it on Friday. I had never seen so many people at that mall and they all were carrying at least 3 bags a piece full of items. Here are a few pictures I took of us during Thanksgiving.



My mom called me yesterday saying she got the results back from her biopsy. She does not have breast cancer!! We are so excited. I had a feeling all along that everything would be okay but there is always that chance that it could have been cancer. It's a huge relief for us and now we can really enjoy the holidays. We are so grateful for all the prayers for my mom and for our family. I realized through all this that we take our good health for granted. Mom also said last night that when you are faced with the possibility at being at the end of your life you look at what you have and have not done for the Lord it makes you want to do better. You want to serve Him more than what you do already. I realized that also and have decided to take steps to serving our Lord better than what I already do. We can all do better. We should never be satisfied with our walk with the Lord and how we serve Him. We should always be striving to be closer to Him everyday. That is a big lesson I learned through all of this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nathan & I went to see Four Christmases last weekend and liked it too! I know Vince Vaughn plays the same part in every movie but he still cracks me up!