Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...Oh Christmas Tree...

Today is just one of those days that I want over. It has been a long busy day and I didn't know if I would have the chance to blog today. My work has a board meeting next week that I'm trying to get ready for and today is a day where people are easily irritating me or I should say the men in my office are easily irritating me. I just don't have the patience today to deal with them and all their questions. I think it's because I have so much to do and when I'm extremely busy like this I don't like to be bothered. I just want to do my work and go home. Today they have been at my desk every five minutes asking me about email addresses and other non important issues. In my boss's defense we do have a conference scheduled in February for our missionaries and we have been trying to finalize things with the hotel this week but today isn't a good day for me to stop every five minutes to answer questions I answered several months ago.

Anyway, last night my parents brought my Christmas decorations over to my apartment and my mom and I put up my tree and decorations. It didn't take too long. :) My parents have a small pre-lit tree that they used when they first moved to Nashville but after we felt it was too skimpy to use in their house several years ago they bought a much larger prettier one. Since I'm broke they took pity on me and gave me their skimpy pre-lit tree. But in my apartment it isn't skimpy at all. It's the perfect size and and it's beautiful. Now I don't have a tree topper or beads, garland or tinsel to put on it but with the ornaments that I bought through the years it looks very pretty. I should have taken a picture of it to post on here. Maybe I'll take one tonight. I went over to my parent's to have lunch with my mom and when she went to Wal-Mart earlier today she bought me a tree skirt. It's very pretty and very traditional.

When it comes to Christmas I'm very traditional in the decorating. I only use the reds, greens, golds, and silver. I also love Santa Claus. I own about seven 2 feet tall Santas. Every year I get a new Santa for Christmas. A few years ago, my dad took a trip to Germany and he brought me back a Santa. That one is probably my favorite. But I don't like any old Santa. It's the old time Santas or the Santas that have a curly beard and rosy cheeks. I'm not for the Santas the are cartoon looking or the Santa that are bar-be-queing, laying in a hammock or vacationing on a tropical island. I just like the traditional looking Old St. Nick. So anyway, my apartment now feels really cozy. I love to at night turn off all the lights except for the tree lights and the lights that I have wrapped around garland that I put on top of my entertainment center. It's very cozy. Now I need to get a Christmas smelling candle. That would be the cherry on top of the icing on the cake.

This week will probably be busy like always. Tonight we have church and our choir is practicing for our Christmas Cantata. I'm not really thrilled with it this year but oh well. There isn't anything I can do about it. Tomorrow night I have got to clean my apartment from top to bottom. I've let it go for far too long. I really hate cleaning but I'll throw on some Christmas music and power through the hatred. Friday night I promised my mom I would help her decorate her house and tree for Christmas. Then Saturday my mom and I are meeting a friend and we are going to tour Cheekwood. I've never been and I've always wanted to go so I'm really excited about that. Then Saturday night we are going on a tour of Christmas Lights with some people in the church. Earlier in the year our Ladies Prayer Group went on a tour of Celebrity Homes. It was fantastic. It was just alot of fun. Our driver was the best. He was nice, sweet and funny. He also had very interesting stories to tell about each home we saw. I have pictures that I should post on Facebook. Anyway, our tour guide was telling us that their company also gives tours of Christmas lights. Some of them are of celebrity homes. I'm just excited to see Christmas lights...good Christmas lights. That was one of my favorite things to do growing up. We would each get a cup of hot chocolate and pile into the car and go drive around town looking at Christmas lights. So I'm very excited and can't wait. Maybe that will keep me from being overly irritated at work this week. ;-)

No comments: