Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I've Got Sunshine On A Cloudy Day

It has been cloudy and gloomy for almost an entire week now. We are in need of serious sunshine. If it's not snowing then I want some sunshine! You can tell in people's attitudes also that they need some sunshine. It's just been really depressing lately.

I'm sorry that I've been sort of absent from the blog recently. I've been busy but I also I just wasn't in the mood to do some typing. The weekend was really good. Saturday night I went out with some friends to go see Twilight. It was an alright movie. I really don't see what the huge hype is all about except that they think the main character is a hottie. He didn't do much for me. Maybe it's because I'm not a teenager anymore. :) Every time the main character would come on screen the girls would scream and sigh loudly. Then after the movie the credits were rolling and there were a group of girls standing there looking at it and one said, "Okay, we can go. I just had to see his name." Ha! Please! I had no desire to see this movie since it was about vampires but it was alot better than I thought it would be. It was a very clean movie. It wasn't gory at all and there was only one scene where there was some blood. I think I might want to read the book now since the books are always better than the movie version.

Sunday morning was our church's Christmas Cantata. It turned out very well. I was pleasantly surprised. I was really worried because our last rehearsal was a bust but the performance turned out so good. We received so many compliments. I'm so glad its over with now and we can officially retire this program. If we never do it again, I'll be a happy person.

Last night I finished the last book in a series that was phenominal. None of the books were tied together but it was a series by the author Debra White Smith. The series is called First Impressions: Austen Series. She has take some of Jane Austen's books and modernized them. They were really good. It makes me want to read Jane Austen's books. I've only read part of Pride and Prejudice. I'd like to read more of them now. Debra White Smith also has a series that I've started called The Debutante Series. I believe there are only three books in that one. I've read the first one called Heather and now I'm getting ready to start the next two. This series is about three wealthy friends who solve mysteries. They are also Christian books. They are a really good read. I'm trying to branch out on my reading as well with other authors. I tend to just stick with the one or two that I really like so if you have any suggestions on authors to read, please let me know.

No comments: