Monday, December 8, 2008

Fabulous Weekend

I had the best weekend! Friday night I went over to my parents to help my mom decorate her house for Christmas. I pretty much shaped her tree for her. It took me forever. Her tree is one of those where you have to put every single branch on there and then you have to shape it as you go. It took awhile but it looks really good.

Saturday my mom and I had plans to meet a friend at noon and we went to tour Cheekwood. It's a mansion in the Belle Meade section of Nashville and it was gorgeous. We ate at the Pineapple Room Restaurant first for lunch. Their food was wonderful. While we were we saw a lot of red hatters there. It was a sight to see all those women wearing purple sweaters and red hats. They were laughing and carrying on. They seemed like a fun bunch. After lunch we went on down to the mansion and took a tour of it. They had it decorated nicely for Christmas. All their Christmas trees were themed. The time you could take pictures were in front of the trees. The second floor was more of an art museum. It wasn't that interesting to me but they did have some Faberge Eggs on display. They were exquisite. After touring Cheekwood some members of my church and I went on a Christmas Lights tour. We went to some very nice homes in Brentwood and Franklin and they were decked out in lights. They were beautiful. I just enjoyed seeing some of those homes. We went to homes that were worth close or over $2 million. I can't imagine living in a house that big. We ended the tour at George Jones's home. He had nice display of lights but I wasn't that impressed. Everyone seemed to have a really great time. We sang Christmas songs and laughed with each other. It was a great night. The only thing missing was a cup of hot chocolate.

Sunday night I missed church (gasp!) to go to the Little Big Town and Carrie Underwood concert. I know it was so bad of me but I never miss church...ever. A friend of mine had an extra ticket and asked if I wanted to go so I went. It was awesome. We had really great seats. I mean you could see their faces we were so close to them. The music at times though were more loud than the singers so that was a little disappointing but it was still a great concert. I was able to get some good pictures.

It's been busy in my office today. We are having board meetings this week and we also have two new missionaries that are being approved during this meeting. Tomorrow they will go through orientation and I have a part in their training session. The ladies in our office will be going over to our General Director's wife's house for lunch tomorrow. I enjoy going over there. She goes all out for these things. She's a talented decorator and her home is gorgeous so I can't wait to see what she's done for this luncheon tomorrow.

I'm meeting my parents to go walking. I made a New Year's resolution for 2008 to lose weight so I better get started on that. :) Actually I make a resolution to lose weight every Monday morning but that's usually blown by breakfast. I'm determined though to lose weight this time. I went grocery shopping yesterday afternoon and bought only healthy food and have vowed not to have carbonated drinks. Now if only I can get myself off of sweet tea when I go out to eat. That is my biggest weakness. Maybe if I say it outloud and tell the whole world I'm trying to lose I will be kept accountable and really work hard at it. I really do want to lose weight so I'm determined to change my lifestyle to do it. After I finish walking I have Bunco tonight so I'm prepared to not win another prize. :) I never win but that's okay. I go for the fun with the girls.

No comments: