Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

It is freezing today! I mean it is chilling me to the bone. It's been raining for the past two days. Man, if that was snow I would be in heaven right now. I wish it would dump a foot of snow here. I miss the snow. I'm originally from Illinois and I'm used to having snow every winter but Nashville hardly gets any. Oh we get the occasional flurry and we have had our moments of getting so much snow that people are stranded on the interstate for hours but we don't get enough down here. Now I'm not sure I could live in the north anymore. I have become more of a baby when it comes to cold weather the longer I live in the south. A few Thanksgivings ago we spent it with my mom's family in Joliet which is about 45 mins southwest of Chicago. My grandmother is buried there so on Thanksgiving morning we all decided to go visit her grave. It was a beautiful sunny day with no clouds in the sky but it was c-o-l-d! The wind was blowing at least 100 mph (not really but you get what I mean here.) Of course, I didn't own a "real" winter coat so I wasn't properly bundled up. I was numb from head to toe. Our family made fun of us and called us ...well, I don't think I could repeat what they called us but they thought we were pansies for complaining about the cold.

Today is finally a slow day here at work. We had board meetings all this week and then I also had to be a part of orientation for some new missionaries that we hired. But everyone has gone home and now there are only three of us at work today. It's really nice. Tomorrow our office is having our Christmas lunch. We usually meet for dinner at a nice place but this year we decided to have lunch and then have the rest of the day off of work. I'm excited! We are going to eat at Maggiano's Little Italy. It is an unbelievable Italian restaurant. The food is fantastic and the atmosphere is wonderful. We always have a great time when we are there and we are usually so stuffed that we need to be rolled out of the place.

Saturday I plan on doing my Christmas shopping. That's right...I haven't even started yet. I need to make a list of what I want to get everyone and hopefully I can tackle the entire list on Saturday. I hate waiting until the last minute but I couldn't do it any other way this year. Sunday is our church's Christmas Cantata. I'm not looking forward to it actually. I wasn't very happy about doing this because it was the same one we did last year and frankly, we stunk! To be honest, we still stink but not as much as last year. Last night at church was our last rehearsal for it and it didn't go very well. But I'm sure at the last minute we will pull it together and it will be fine. I just hope we don't do this again next year. If we do, I'm boycotting. :)

No comments: