Thursday, November 20, 2008

Beat It!

Yesterday I asked you to pray for an unspoken request. It was for my mom. Something showed up on my mother's mammogram and now she has to have a biopsy. They said that there are black specks and they have formed a cluster but she doesn't feel any lumps or is in any pain. So I am very confident and hopeful that this is nothing but of course your mind does drift off to the "what ifs". You can't help it sometimes.

Six years ago my grandmother passed away from breast cancer. There were so many circumstances surrounding that situation. She was in a Podunk town with a Podunk doctor who was treating her for other things and telling her it was in heard so by the time she got to a real doctor the cancer was too far gone that there was nothing they could do for her. But of course since that was the cause of her death you tend to be a little worried when you are put in that situation so I don't blame my mother at all for being a little concerned over this. But we know that God is in control and that we are placing this situation in His hands. Mom and I didn't go to church last night for a couple of reasons. Dad told the church last night so they could pray. I'm praying that when she goes in for the biopsy that the cluster is gone. I believe my church will be praying for that as well. My church has serious clout with the Lord. We've had several people in our get cancer and every one of them has beat it. Everyone of them is cancer free now. Two women had breast cancer and one man had leukemia. Every time our church prays for healing the Lord heals. So I'm confident that will turn out to be nothing at all and even if it does turn out to be something I know that Lord is with us and He will take care of my mom and all of us. So continue to pray for my mom and that she will have peace with this.
Last night, I stayed home with mom from church so I baked snickerdoodle cookies and we watched the movie August Rush that was playing on TV. It was a pretty good movie. The ending was good and predictable but I felt like it could have gone on for a little while longer. It just sorted ended but it was still good. If you love music you will like this movie. It makes me wish I had never stopped taking piano lessons. I wish I was more musically talented than what I am. I don't play any instruments. I do sing occasionally which I enjoy when my throat isn't cracking and my knees aren't knocking together. You would think after years of singing in front of people that I wouldn't get nervous but I do...every time.
My brother is coming in to town today. He and my dad got tickets to the Illinois vs. Vanderbilt basketball game tonight so it will be nice to see him for a few minutes. I wish he would be my niece and nephew with him but I don't think he is able to. I'll get to see them next week during Thanksgiving though.
I've got a busy day today at work so I guess I better get started.

No comments: