Monday, November 24, 2008

God is so Good!

Wouldn't you know that since I was so impatient last Monday about using the Karen Carpenter song Rainy Days and Mondays that today it's raining!! So in honor of that I decided to play the song on my blog. So enjoy. I love Karen Carpenter. She had a range on her. I wish so badly that I had a smooth voice like hers. I'm an alto singer like she was but my voice is not anywhere near as smooth as hers nor do I have the range like her. I try though. In our Christmas cantata this year I have a solo and it's at the top of my range and of course during practice last night it cracked in one spot. It's really too high for me but there is no one else to really sing it. It's a beautiful song with so much meaning and truth to it and I hate that I could mess it up by allowing my voice to get shaky and crack. I so wish that I had more musicality in me but again that all went to my brother. :-( But anyway, I'm just going to keep pushing and stretching my voice that when the day of the cantata comes I will be able to get through it without any problems.

Today was my mom's biopsy. I'm so glad it's over and I know that my mom is glad it's over. We have to now wait for the results. I'm confident that it's nothing. It was a calcification that they found which is usually benign but it could be cancer so there is still that little bit of fear when you just don't know the unknown. But I'm trusting the Lord will take care of my mom and all us not just in the circumstance but everyday in every situation. God is so good!

The whole process of getting a biopsy was a little nerve-wrecking and if I was feeling the nerves it hit my mom a hundred times worse. First the hospital called on Friday to say that her appointment would be on Monday at 8am and that a nurse would be calling to give her instructions and tell her where to go. Well a nurse never called her so on Saturday my mom called her doctor's answering service and they said that a doctor would call her with instructions. Well some random doctor from another hospital called her and asked her what she needed and he said he didn't know where they went to have biopsies but he thought it was at this certain place (which he turned out to be right). So of course, my mother is getting even more nervous and anxious because she's afraid that they didn't even have her down for the appointment. So this morning at 6:30am my dad called her doctor's office again and they finally paged her real doctor and he called dad and told them where to go. So after winding our way through the hospital we found the right office. They take us back to this teeny tiny waiting room and they finally call mom who they did have scheduled for today. They told me and dad that it could be almost one and half hours before she was done but it was closer to two hours. Then while we are sitting there you hear a constant noise of door clanking shut. That is the most annoying sound ever. They clank when they open and they clank when they shut. They were clanking the whole time we were sitting there that it was making me nervous and I wasn't ever nervous about the whole situation up to that point. If there was suggestion box in the waiting room I would surely have said something about the incessant noise!But the good news is they were able to remove the entire cluster. Mom's feeling pretty good now. I'm sure that after the numbness wears off she will be sore but she's feels good. I think her nerves have just calmed down. They told us that we might know Wednesday but it will probably be Friday or at the latest Monday. I hope so. I know my mom is ready for this whole thing to be put behind her so she can concentrate on the holidays.

Tonight I have a thing to go to. I'm excited about spending some time with my friends and just relaxing and having fun. This is going to be a busy week but it will be short work week which I'm so thankful for. We are spending Thanksgiving at my parent's house this year. My brother and his family are coming up for it so it will be nice to have a few days with them where me or my sister in law doesn't have to get up and go to work.

Please keep praying for my mom as we wait for the tests results to come in. Hope you all are having a fabulous Monday.

No comments: