Monday, November 10, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down

That's not really true. It's not even raining here in Nashville but I've wanted to use that title for so long and was very impatient for a rainy Monday. :) I bet it rains next Monday. I had a really good weekend. Or I at least had parts of a good weekend.

Friday afternoon was an extremely hard time for me and one that I really don't ever want to relive. Ever feel like you get beaten down and there is no way of escaping? Something happened to me on Friday in a very cowardly way and now today at 5pm I have to deal with it. It won't be very pretty but it is necessary. So please pray for me that the Lord will guide me and help me to have the right words to say and just pray for His guidance in this meeting today in that it will go in the way that He wants and that these issue will be resolved to His glory. I hate moments like this but like I said, it's necessary. It's been a long time coming and I'm glad that it's finally here but will be so happy when it's over.

With that sometimes, it absolutely stinks to be in a pastor's family. Now don't get me wrong, I love my family and I'm so happy to be in the family that I have. I wouldn't change it for anything. I've seen the Lord do unbelievable things that I don't think I would have if I were anywhere else. I always said growing up that I would under no circumstances marry a preacher but really that isn't true. I probably would. It's all I've ever known and even though it's a very lonely life I would accept it whole-heartedly but with that everything you say and do is scrutinized. This isn't new to me. I've dealt with it my whole life but as an adult you don't think you have to deal with people's pettiness and immaturity but I do. I know that I have my faults and I'm not perfect by no means and there are always things to work on but in honesty so does everyone else. I don't need it brought up to me in a very cowardly way.

But with the bad part of my weekend I had some really fun times. Saturday a friend and I went to the Nashville Zoo. This was only my second time to go and it was my friend's first time. We had a fantastic time. She was so excited to see the elephants and giraffes. I was so glad I got to share this experience with her. The zoo even though is very small and no where near as good as if you went to a larger city's zoo, is still a really good zoo. They have a wide variety of animals. I could have done without the snakes and spiders though. It was a chilly day but it wasn't bad at all. It took about three hours to see everything. It was a good day. We had a great day at church yesterday. Dad preached an amazing sermon on salvation but it was geared towards the Christians as well and it hit the nail on the head with his points. It was wonderful. Then we took some college girls out to IHop. Now I love IHop. I love their pancakes but we had the worst service I have ever seen. You would think that they were slammed with people when it was just our table of seven and one other table of two in the entire place. It was crazy and my pancakes weren't as good as they looked in the picture. :( That always happens though. The pictures are so enticing but when you get it, first of all, they never look like the picture on the menu and then second of all they don't taste near as good as it looks. I'm a caramel (carmel) nut. I love caramel. The pancakes I ordered had caramel for a topping and when I got my pancakes I asked where the caramel sauce was and they said they ran out! I was so disappointed. The pancakes weren't near as good probably. I so looking forward to the caramel sauce. Maybe next time.

Tonight I have this "meeting" to deal with and then I have Bunco tonight. I'm not really in the mood for Bunco tonight but I made a commitment to it. I'd rather stay at home and watch Dancing with the Stars. It's finally a real competition now that Cloris Leachman and Susan Lucci are gone. I'm such a homebody it isn't funny. I like being around people but I also love being at home curled up on my couch drinking hot chocolate reading a good book or watching a good TV program or movie. Anyone with me on that?

Hope your Monday is spectacular!

No comments: