Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wax On...Wax Off

I was reading on etonline.com today and read where Will Smith's son, Jaden, is going to star in a remake of The Karate Kid. It said that it will be filmed and set in Beijing but it will have the same plot...where a kid gets picked on by a bully and he learns to stand up for himself through karate by a quirky instructor. I'm not sure how I feel about this. For one, no one can replace Ralph Macchio. I had such a huge crush on him. He was the cutest! He was also like ten years older than the part he was playing (that's like all the people in Grease. They were all in their 20's and some in their 30's playing 17 and 18 years old Did Hollywood not think people would notice?). He has such a baby face so he was able to pull it off. But do they really need to remake The Karate Kid? I loved this movie and I still do. I own all three on DVD actually. Also, no one can replace Pat Morita who played Mr. Miyagi. I'm sure they aren't trying to replace these people but do we really need a remake of an 80's movie? It's only been 20 years since these movies were made. It's not time yet. Is Hollywood really running out of ideas so much that they have to keep making remakes? Please! I have nothing against Jaden Smith...he's a great child actor but I just don't think I want to see a remake of this movie. But when it comes out I probably will see it just to compare. Isn't that bad? How do you feel about this remake or any remakes in general? Does anyone care?

Oh also, did you know that the biggest bully in there, Johnny, is a born again Christian in real life and he's a youth pastor in a church in Texas I believe. At least the last time I heard that was what he was doing. He may be doing something else but I thought that was very interesting.

Last night I said I had a meeting to take care of and I asked for prayer. Well, I sure felt the prayers because the meeting went a lot better than I thought and the Lord was glorified in it and things were left on a good note so I'm so thankful for that. It was a dark time in my life and now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and things will be much better so thank you to all who have been praying for me. It has been such a comfort.

Later last night I got together with my Bunco friends. We had a great time. In addition to playing Bunco we had to bring a Christmas ornament because we threw an ornament shower for one of the girls who is getting married in two weeks. It was an interesting idea. I had never thought of that but I can understand that. When you first start out you don't have anything nor do you have the money for it. I keep thinking of myself and how I have Christmas decorations for my house but I have nothing for my tree. I have a hand-me-down pre-lit tree so that may be all I do this year and after Christmas buy some things on sale. That sounds depressing doesn't it? LOL! I would love to decorate my tree in red, silver and gold. Just the classic Christmas colors. I also love Santa Claus. I have so many that I have collected over the years but I can't stop. It's an addiction. Can you believe I'm talking about Christmas and it's not even Thanksgiving. I'll stop now and wait until after Thanksgiving.

Tonight I'm headed to the church for a fish fry. It's a fundraiser our Master's Men group is having. The Ladies Prayer Group is trying to raise money for video equipment to live stream our services to the nursery. We were having a hard time raising the money so I asked the Master's Men if they would mind helping us and they fully agreed so this is their first attempt at raising money which I think is going to turn out great! I can't wait to see how it goes. I just hope they have chicken since I hate seafood of any kind. I just can't eat fish. I've tried I can't stomach it. Which is a shame because it does look good and everyone seems to enjoy eating it. Oh well, I'm fine with my chicken. :)

Have a great night and go back and watch The Karate Kid!! So fantastic!

1 comment:

Deena said...

Hi Janice! I just noticed you had a link to your blog on your Facebook page. I've read down this far, and thought of something to comment about. :) When I got my first tree (a TEE tiny little one for my college dorm room) I made some ball ornaments from yarn. I would think you could use ribbon, styrofoam balls, and pins to make some "temporary" ornaments in red, silver, and ... gold was it? Whatever colors you wanted anyway. I'm enjoying reading your blog, but may take a break and come back another time now. :) Oh, and I still get nervous when I sing too. Not knees knocking nervous, but I'm pretty comfortable with my church now. After a couple times standing up there when my music didn't start and having to ad lib, I just expect problems now, and it's funny.