Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat...Smell My Feet...Give me Something Good to Eat!

I could not come up with a clever title if you couldn't tell. I was using all song titles or movie titles but my brain isn't functioning so well this fine Friday afternoon. Not much is really happening right now. I realized after all the fall festival stuff and my trip to Hawaii I really have nothing to say. :) So this blog should get really interesting.

Can I just say that the TV show "The Office" is probably one of my favorite shows ever? It is absolutely hilarious. Last night their show was their Halloween episode and there was only one scene in it where they all dressed up. By the way, Phyllis's costume of Raggedy Ann is the exact same one that I already own. How funny is that? Pretty awesome actually. It's just so funny and that John Krasinski...man! That is one good looking guy. He's a little younger than I am but that doesn't matter does it?

Speaking of age differences....does age really matter? There is someone I know through my brother that wants to fix me up with a guy that he's met. I know this guy, sort of (the guy that I'm to be fixed up with). We've met on a few occasions and he has attended my church every now and then. I don't really know what kind of person he is except that he's been exceptionally nice every time I've had a chance to talk to him. Everyone that knows him speaks very highly of him. He is also very easy on the eyes, ladies. He's one of those tall dark and handsome kind of guys. Anyway, he's quite a bit younger than me...seven years to be exact. So here's my question...does age matter? Does it really? I know when the guy is that much older no one says a word but when the woman is older comments are made. Why are people's perception of couple's have to be that the men should be older? Does it say anywhere in the Bible that men should be older? I know God didn't make it a commandment so does God care who's older as long as you are both in the same place and that God is in the center of your relationship? Look at Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. She like 42 and he's 28 or 29. That's a huge difference but somehow they are making it work. Courteney Cox Arquette is seven years older than her husband, David Arquette. My mom is a year older than my dad but really that's not much of a difference. I wonder if it does really matter to men? Maybe I should ask a guy. Just something that has been swirling in my mind lately.

I went to get my hair cut and colored last night. It was in serious need of it. I didn't get it done before vacation because I was trying to save money so I finally was able to get in yesterday. After my stylist finished coloring, blow drying and fixing my hair we realized that the color did not stick like it was supposed to. I like my hair very dark to where it's almost black. Well, it just didn't hold the color even though she used the same shade of color as last time. Then she figured out why it didn't take. The whole time I was on vacation I was outside all day everyday. Of course, it's always sunny in Hawaii and I never wore a hat. Why would I wear a hat? It would ruin my tanning. I had noticed that when I got back my hair was very light. When I was a child I had blond hair during the summer because the sun would always lighten it up several shades. Evidently it still does that. So I'm going to do some oil treatments on my hair because the sun damaged it so badly that it's very dry and almost brittle. I go back on Tuesday to try to recolor my hair the shade it's supposed to be. At least I don't have to pay for the second color. I have a great stylist. She used to work with my sister (in law) until they moved to Alabama so I started to go to her. I love her so much. She's a sweet lady and now my mom and I got several ladies in my church going to her as well.

I don't have anything planned for Halloween this year. I usually try to get the Ladies Prayer Group to do something fun. Several years ago we had a costume party and a scavenger hunt. That was so much fun. Two years ago we went on the Ghost Walk Tour in downtown Nashville and then last year we went on the Confederate Walking Tour at some famous cemetery close to downtown. They were both really cool! You learn so much about the history of Nashville and I learned alot about the Civil War that I didn't learn at school. I realized that in school being from the North that I only learned the northerners side of the war and down here at the cemetery I learned the south's side. It was interesting to say the least. We will probably do one or the other next year. So tonight I'm just going out to eat to a Barb-b-Que place with a friend and then go home and do an oil treatment on my hair. Sounds fun and exciting right? I hope I can find a good movie to watch since I have to do the treatment for an hour. I won't even tell you what I have to put on my hair...tomorrow perhaps!

Happy Halloween! Be safe!

No comments: