Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's Shoutin' Time!!

If you read my blog titled "Take Me Out to the Ballgame", you will remember me mentioning a gentleman in our church who is battling leukemia. Well, I just got a call from my mom who got a call from our head Deacon at church who had just gotten a call from this gentleman (still with me?). This dear man was in the hospital starting his next round of treatments when the doctors came in and told him he was cancer free and all he needs to do is take some pills everyday!! Praise the Lord!! Can you believe it? If there is anyone who tells you that God does not perform miracles than they are sadly mistaken. God performs them everyday and this is proof!! This man was not given much of a chance with this type of cancer and now it is gone! I'm so excited. That is best news I could have received today. It's going to be a great day!

I'm so proud of my church. When our gets committed to praying for someone those prayers are always answered. There have been so many people in our church who needed jobs and we would bring them to the altar and gather around them and pray specifically for them to get a job that week and they always would. They would come back to church the next Sunday and testify that the Lord dropped an unbelievable job in their lap! Our church really rallied around this gentleman with cancer. We prayed and prayed for Him. We prayed for God's will, of course, and that we were all ready to accept whatever God had in store but we also prayed specifically for a healing...and that is what God did. He healed him. I love when doctors shake their heads and say there is no hope and nothing else that we can do for you. I'm so glad that we know an even greater Physician who says, "Well, I had something else in mind." God is so good. Life is so hard sometimes...but God is good. He is so amazing to me and He just keeps proving Himself over and over.

Well, nothing new is really going on with me. I'm just tying up lose ends for the Fall Festival. A co-worker of mine also attends my church and bless her heart she helped me right when I needed it. Last night she, her husband and daughter went to the church and pulled all my fall festival games, signs, prizes and decorations from the attic and put them in a specific spot for me. See yesterday morning I had sort of a meltdown while on the phone with my dad. It wasn't just because of this weekend but of other personal things that, when all piled up, I just couldn't take anymore and my co-worker was a witness to this. So she thought she would help me by doing all that last night and that meant so much to me. I'm so grateful that she thought of doing this. It wasn't a small task either to carry those big bins down from the attic. The steps are so steep and narrow and you can easily fall down them. So I'm so appreciative that she thought to do this for me and risked a broken limb. I should buy her a Blizzard or Frosty or something. :)

Have a great day and don't forget to praise the Lord for all His blessings in your life.

No comments: