Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm So Excited...and I Just Can't Hide It!

So I'm pretty excited today. It's been a really good day so far. I've been pretty busy here at work but it's gone by so fast. Yesterday I told you about the man at my church who we found out is cancer free. Well, I want to share some more good news. There was a young couple who was attending our church but had to move back to New Mexico because she was suffering from Cystic Fibrosis and the air quality was too bad here for her. When they were living here both her lungs were only working at 25% capacity and they told her that she needed lung transplants. They also told her that her odds of making it past a certain frame even with the transplants were still not good. So they decided to move back home to be with their families.

Yesterday my dad got a text from her and she said that the doctors said that she does not need transplants now and that her lungs have seriously improved and her chances are looking better and better. I won't reiterate what I said in yesterday's blog but I will say that we serve a great and mighty God. He can do anything and heal anybody and our church is getting to witness these miracles!

The Fall Festival is Saturday and I have to say that I feel so much better about it than I did the other day. It's all coming together. Me and a few other helpers stayed at the church last night and got everything we needed organized and all we have to do Saturday is put everything in it's place. The concession stand is what will take the most time setting up Saturday but that is not my area and since my mom is the head of that, I know things will shape up quickly there. It's going to be so fun! It will be a great day. I'll try and take a few photos and post them on Monday. My family and some friends are coming into town today so I'm beside myself. Yeah, it's a good day.

I have tomorrow off work and with company here I doubt I will blog until Monday. Then I'll only be in work that day and off to Hawaii I go. I don't know if I'll get a chance to blog while on vacation and I probably won't worry about it too much. If I find a computer with internet I might. I can't wait for this. I am packed and ready to go! I was talking with my friend who is going with me and she said that this vacation couldn't have come at a better time for her either. She has been extremely busy at work. So busy in fact that she won't be able to attend the Fall Festival because she has to go back to work that day. I feel for her. She's going to miss a great day.

I told her on Tuesday a little about Ladies Prayer Group and how I saw God moving and working through it and how I also saw the Devil working his way in there. Well, today I had an email conversation with one of the girls who attended and where I thought I saw the devil moving wasn't the case at all! The Lord was working! That's not to mean that the devil wasn't moving at all because he was in another area of the night but God's presence was there and I just would like for you all to remember this one certain girl in your prayers. Her circumstances aren't important because God knows her situation but I know that she would appreciate your prayers. I have learned through this night that you can't always judge something without knowing everything and you just have to go with the flow sometimes. I know that but sometimes we forget. It's good to get reminded of that once in awhile.

I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: