Thursday, January 7, 2010

Brrr...Snow!

Oh my! What a whirlwind of a month December was! I was lucky enough to be off of work for two weeks for Christmas and New Year's. The downside of that was I got sick my second day off with a severe case of bronchitis that lasted the entire time I was off of work! I have never coughed and hacked as much as I did those two weeks. (That's a lovely image isn't it?) I'm still not quite over it yet either. I can still have a pretty good coughing spell at times but thankfully I am on the mend. I've been back at work for three days now and it's like I never left except for the thousand faith promise cards I have to key in and the 100's of orders I need to fill hopefully tomorrow. So if you have ordered something from Home Missions in the last few weeks...it's still sitting on my desk. I've been off of work clinging to life from a cough that I think has evaporated one of my lungs.

But anyway, for the past week our weather forecasters have been warning us that we will get a major snowstorm for today. They have been saying that we will get 2-4 inches of snow and that the roads will be terrible. School was called off and grocery stores were emptied of bread and milk (side note: why is it always bread and milk?). I wake up this morning and nothing. It hadn't snowed a single flake. Now it's "snowing" which in my definition is flurrying. The good news is that there is at least a dusting on the ground. So maybe we will get at least an inch. I hope so. I miss the snow. But man is it freezing outside! It's been so cold all week and I honestly forgot how much it hurts to be that cold. Since I've lived in the south for over 10 years I've gotten used to the mild winters. So since this cold Arctic air has hit Nashville my bones are aching I've been so cold. Don't tell my brother that I've become such a pansy, he would never let me live it down.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

T2Nashville said...

I got tickled at a Yankee friend of mine who said on FB, "Everyone down here buys bread, milk, and eggs when it snows. So evidently when it snows, everyone here makes French toast?" Funny!

Janice said...

That is pretty funny. I always wondered why everyone down here does buy milk and bread? The two things that go bad the quickest. Are they making some type of paste? French toast. That's pretty funny. Thanks for sharing.