Friday, January 29, 2010

And Nashville has come to a Stand Still

Well the week long predicted snowstorm has finally arrived in Nashville. I first saw it snow around the 9 o'clock hour. Our building powers that be decided quickly that we should close the building and head home before the snow started to stick and the roads got too bad. That was fine by me. I always enjoy the occasional day at home of doing nothing but watching TV and reading a good book.

So now it's almost 1 pm and I've just had lunch and I'm sitting on the sofa watching "Yes, Dear" on TBS and watching the snow fall. It seems to be a perfect day so far. The only thing better than that is to have my boyfriend here to see but alas, the snow and ice have forced him to stay down in Alabama. But since he's not going to be here I've decided to make some homemade salsa that I saw on The Pioneer Woman's website. I've become obsessed with her and her recipes. I can't wait to try them all.

But anyway, the snow is beautiful and looks like we already have around an inch or two. They are predicting 4-6 inches by the time this is all over with tomorrow. That's actually a lot for Nashville. They showed the interstates on TV and the are a jumbled mess. I'm so glad I only live 5 minutes from work. But it looks like I'll be home bound for a day or two. I'm okay with that. I plan on spending the entire day in my pj's tomorrow. I haven't done that in a while.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: