Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Four-Wheelin'

This past weekend I went to Alabama to visit my sweetheart and to spend some time with my family as well. Saturday we went over to Alan's parents house to spend some time with them, which they couldn't be any sweeter of people. They are so nice and easy to be with and I really enjoy my time with them. His parents live in a very small town outside of Northport and even though their neighbors are very close they basically live out in the country. They have a huge field behind their house and so Alan and I decided to go riding on his four-wheeler.


The only time I had every ridden one was in Hawaii and it was an automatic and we didn't go very fast. But Alan's ATV is a manual and I don't do manual so I had to learn. So we hopped on the four-wheeler and took off past the horses (which were gorgeous) and headed to the back pasture and woods. We had a blast. It was a lot of fun until he made me drive. It took forever to learn how to shift gears on that thing and when I did the first time I popped a wheelie and about dumped my man right off the back. He managed to hang on so I spared him from any broken bones.


It had just rained buckets down there the day before so it was completely wet and muddy back in the woods but we still drove through them on the trails and down to the creek. Then we decided to go to this small clearing and that's when we got stuck. I mean we got stuck in the mud pretty good. So he jumped down and told me to hold down the throttle and he pulled us out of the mud....my strong manly man. *swoon*. We went a little further and got stuck again! So we took advantage of the situation. (wink, wink) :) So Alan jumped down again and got behind the ATV and told me to press down on the throttle and he would push us out. We finally got the thing free and he told me to just keep going until I hit dry ground. So I did and just left him there. I felt bad because he had to walk through all the mud and water. But I had to keep going or else I would have gotten stuck again. After he caught up to me he jumped on the four-wheeler and we took off again making sure we stay out of the mud. It was so much fun and I can't wait to go again.


Here we are right after being stuck in the mud.
That's not a great picture of us so here is a better one we took the last time he came to Nashville.

No comments: