Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Dad is Officially Old :)

I ran into my dad today. Not literally but I saw him this morning on my way to work. I was a running a little behind today because I had to stop at Kroger to get one of my bosses his stash of Diet Mt. Dew. He (my boss) is coming in today from out of town and if there isn't a cold supply of this drink in the fridge he always sends me out right then to stock up and grab a cold one at the same time. I don't have time today to make a run to Kroger in the middle of the day so I thought I would make the stop before work.

Anyway, as I was at the four way stop outside my building I saw a car that looked just like my dad's car. Then I realized that it was my dad and of course the phone was up to ear where it is 99% of the time. (What did he ever do before cell phones?!) I then realized that he was trying to call me on my phone but I didn't hear it. I was too busy jamming to music and had the volume up so loudly that I didn't hear the phone ring or hear that my handsome boyfriend had sent me his daily "Good morning, baby" text. Isn't that sweet? My boyfriend calls me baby...makes me warm and tingly inside. Anyway, I called my dad back as I parked my car in my work's parking lot facing the mall where I could see my dad parked. He had decided to go walking at the mall this morning. Which made me instantly think..."My dad is officially old." He has become a mall walker! LOL! Only old gray-haired wrinkling people walk at the mall at 7:30 in the morning! Just kidding, dad. (Remember, he discovered my blog a few months ago so I have to behave in what I say now.)

Anyway, dad is also a member of a gym just down the road and he so lovingly decided to put me on his family plan. Which is great because I don't have to pay for a membership to the gym. But as I'm talking to my dad his first question is when do you want to go work out. I don't actually remember saying that I would go work out...ever...but I'll give it a go. Seriously though, I do want to work out. I enjoy the thoughts of working out and feeling better about myself. I love the elliptical machines so I would take full advantage of it. The only thing is I just have no time to go to the gym. I'm doing something almost every night of the week and before you all say, "Get up and go work out before work" let me just say that I am not a morning person. It's (in my opinion) a sin to get up before the crack of dawn to do anything, especially to sweat first thing in the morning. It's just not right. I love my sleep and therefore I will get as much sleep as I possibly can so getting up earlier is out of question.

But I will make it to the gym eventually but until then I will enjoy my breakfast of champions today: Cracker Jacks and a Mt. Dew...the real kind chock full of sugar and 290 calories.

No comments: