Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow...I love you, but please don't come this weekend!

The weather people here are forecasting a winter storm this weekend. I have mixed emotions which lean more towards the sad and angry emotion. They are predicting that starting tonight or early tomorrow we are supposed to get freezing rain (ice) and then in the Nashville area about 2-4 inches of snow dumped on top of it.

I've stated on here that I love snow. I love the way it looks as it falls to the ground. I especially love watching it fall at night with the street lights shining on them. It's so gorgeous, peaceful and romantic. I love to make snowman and snow angels. I love to get involved in a pretty good snowball fight. I love the way it smells and how the entire city turns into a magical looking winter wonderland.

But good grief, did it have to pick this weekend or a weekend at all to make things messy?! Because of this blessed storm coming my ever so kind and handsome sweetheart won't be making is trip up to see me this weekend. We both feel that it's just too risky since there will be ice involved. I'm sad and angry and relieved. I'm sad because I won't get to see him and angry that the stinking storm had to come on a weekend instead of a weekday. I'm relieved because I've done nothing but worry that he would just be a macho man and try to come up and then something happen.

Of course this is all depending on if it actually does anything. Our weather people are not the most reliable weather people. They like to build people's expectations up just to see it come crashing down when not one flake will fall. We shall see.

No comments: