Friday, January 8, 2010

Football, Movies, and Beds...Oh My!

Well, the cold streak is continuing. It is freezing outside. It's just 18 degrees but it feels colder with the wind chill factor. It's been flurrying most of the day here and it's just been beautiful. I love winter scenes...not that Nashville has a winter scene going on outside but I do love to watch the snow fall. It's so beautiful and romantic. My boyfriend is coming into town tonight so we might just curl up on the couch and watch movies all night. It's just too cold to try and go out and do something. It'll be a miserable night. :) Just kidding.

Speaking of my boyfriend. I have chosen to date someone from Alabama so therefore he is an Alabama fan. As the whole world probably knew that the big game between Texas and Alabama was last night. I really don't care about football. I mean, I'll watch it if I have to but I don't watch it much and I don't even really know what's going on. I'm not opposed to football in the least. I just don't watch it much so I didn't watch it last night. I watched My Sister's Keeper instead. Oh, it's so sad and I cried all the way through it but its such a good movie. Great acting in it by Cameron Diaz and Abigail Breslin. But anyway, every time Bama scored I got a text message from Alan telling me they made a touchdown like it was the biggest news of the century. He was so excited. I didn't have the heart to tell him I could care less so I just texted back, "Great!" "Yay!" "That's so exciting!" "They're gonna win the game". See, I'm being a good supportive girlfriend. I'm just waiting until I have to actually sit through an entire game. Oh heaven help me when that day comes. :)

I'm so excited because a co-worker of mine asked me today if I could use a queen size mattress and box springs. I told her that of course I could! They have only had it for three years but it's just been too uncomfortable for them so they are going out and buying a new one this weekend! I'm so excited! All I have is a standard size bed. I may just put it in my guest room though. I don't have a headboard or a frame yet so it may just stay in my guestroom for now, which I'm totally okay with. I'm just happy because now I can actually turn that room into something. It's been a storage room since I've moved in and I'm ready for it to be turned into something cute and usable. My house is slowly turning into a comfortable place to live. I've decided that I want to paint. I met my neighbor the other night. She's a very nice young lady named Mia. I think she's still in college because when I commented on her wall color she said her sorority sisters painted her walls. It's a beautiful color. It's almost a orange-red color. It's beautiful, warm and cozy. That's what I want for my house. Maybe not orange or red on my walls but something that is warm and cozy. I've been looking at furniture lately online. I've been thinking of getting a new living room set. The set I have is from my parents that they had used since I was a little girl. It's still in great condition but it's just old and really not that comfortable anymore. I want a sofa that you can just sink into with a lot of cushions and pillows. I really like the neutral colors so I'll probably go with a brown color and then paint my walls a light brown or khaki color. To me those are very warm and cozy colors and then I can accent with brighter colors. I'm so excited. I can't wait to start everything. It'll be so much fun. Anyone want to help paint? :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: