Monday, January 11, 2010

Lasagna and Avatar

This weekend was one of the best weekends I've had in awhile. It snow flurried the entire weekend and it was beautiful watching it come down. It didn't mess up the road too much which was a good thing. But whoa it was freezing outside! I mean it was cold. As much as I love weather that reminds me of back home...I'm so ready for the temperature to move back up to at least the 30's and 40's. lol!

I attempted to make dinner for my boyfriend on Friday night. I shouldn't say attempted because I did make dinner and I thought it was pretty tasty. It was my first time to cook for him and the actual meal was really good but you would have thought I was burning the house down the way my oven and smoke detectors were acting. I made lasagna (and no it was not a frozen Stouffer's lasagna). But I have a brand new oven and I have only used one other time since I moved in so it still had that weird copper new smell to it and when the oven was actually turned on it the aroma was pretty powerful. I guess I also made the lasagna layers a little too thick because after being in the oven for awhile everything starting bubbling pretty good and it was bubbling over and so it was burning on the bottom of the oven. The lasagna itself didn't burn and it was quite good. I just need to not make the layers so thick so it won't bubble over. Then every time I opened the oven door the smoke detector would go off but there the thing is there was no smoke. So I don't know what all that was about. But to recap...the lasagna did not burn, it tasted very good and my boyfriend is convinced (I think) that I can cook. :)

Saturday we were going to go downtown to walk around and then eat at the Spaghetti Factory but since it was so cold out we decided not to go. But then we heard there were a couple of water main breaks downtown so I don't we could have gotten down there anyway so it worked out. Instead we went go see Avatar. Now I did not want to go see this movie. In the previews it looked so weird and not my type of movie. I'm not usually into sci-fi movies but Alan really wanted to see it so not trying to be a demanding and whiny girlfriend I agreed to go see it. (I wanted to see It's Complicated.) I'm glad that I did because it was a very good movie. We didn't go see in it in 3-D but now I wish we had. I think it would have been a little better but seeing in non 3-D was excellent. I have a friend who wants to see it so we will go see in at the IMax in 3-D next week or so. Now the movie does have spirits and stuff like that in it and some Christians have given some backlash on this movie but I'm grounded enough in my own faith to realize that this movie is in a fantasy world in the year 21something so I didn't give that a second thought. It was an excellent movie with beautiful colors and some really cool effects. I think it's worth seeing but I've got to warn you that it is a three hour movie. It didn't feel like it though. It just flew by its so captivating. So if you've got three hours to kill and need something to do go see Avatar...in 3-D.

Happy Monday!

No comments: