Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To Make You Feel My Love

*Disclaimer: This blog title has nothing to do with today's blog except that this song was sung by Kris Allen on American Idol and I really liked his style of singing this song. I also couldn't come up with a clever title today. The juices aren't flowing as well today. :)

It's only 11:24 am and it already feels as if it should be 4:00 pm. It's been one of those days. It feels like it's dragging by but yet, I'm so busy today it's flying by as well if that makes any sense. Our board members are in today for a meeting and so things are pretty hectic around here this morning. We also have approved new missionaries so I'll be busy this afternoon with orientation. This family is a very sweet family and I think they'll do an amazing job once they get out on the field. I can't mention who they are yet because they are a well known FWB family and they haven't told their church yet that they are leaving. My family has been there before so know how they feel. I know they will be tremendous missionaries.

I've decided that I'm moving before next weekend and I have not one thing packed. I'm such a procrastinator. I know that I need to start tonight but I'm sure something else will draw my attention away from it and I'll be scurrying around my apartment the night before trying to get everything in boxes and plastic containers. :) I'm actually really excited about it because it will give me a chance to throw some things that I don't need anymore or get of things that I wasn't happy with like the curtains in my living room. They are so blah! So when I move into my next house, I'll have a chance to get new ones to spiffy the place up a bit. I love decorating. I'm not that good at it but I love the adventure of it and trying new ideas. Living in an apartment you don't get much of a chance to do that because you can't paint the walls and do other things that you would do if you owned your own place. I can't wait to pick out my own paint colors and paint my walls and put a shelf or picture on the wall anywhere I want to do because it's my wall and I own it! I can't wait for that day. It will be exciting.

Tonight I do plan on packing but also watching a little American Idol. I never watched that show until last year and then I got hooked. I think my favorite is Danny Gokey just because he is a music minister in a church and his story was so touching. But the boy can sing. I love to sing and I've downloaded all his songs off if iTunes. I also really like Kris Allen. He has a nice voice as well but I do think that Adam Lambert will be the one to win the whole thing. He's very good but I'm not crazy about his arrangements on some of the songs. When he did Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" I wanted to burn my TV. He did it great but I just did not like his version of it. But I can't wait to see what they choose this week. It's disco week I think so it will be interesting. :)

No comments: