Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

I've been pretty proud of myself lately. I've managed to stay pretty consistent in updating my blog. You all (all 8-10 of you who actually read my blog) may wish I didn't since it hasn't been that interesting. :) Which by the way, I know who most of you are that read my blog but not everyone so if you could let me know who you are that would be awesome. I'm just curious to know who reads this. Also, how can I let other people know about my blog? I would like to get more readers (I don't know why). I don't want to sound conceited or self-indulgent by saying, "Hey! Come read all my meaningless chatter everyday. You're life isn't blessed until you read what I have to say." But it would be nice to try and get more readers. :)

Have you ever had one of those days where everything goes wrong? Of course, you have. I have been there plenty of times and well this isn't really about me today but my heart just went out to a few people yesterday who just had a really bad day...week. I had just gotten back in my car after a visit with my hair stylist when I hear the theme song to NCIS (the most awesome show on TV!). I automatically know which friend it is calling and am a little surprised. This friend and I share the same opinion of not really enjoying talking on the phone. If I have something to talk about and to a friend that I don't see on a regular basis or am talking to a guy that I'm trying to get to know then I'm all for it. But if it's a friend who I see all the time I'd rather wait to see you to talk. I don't particularly like making small talk and then there's the awkward silence because you both really don't have anything to say but for some reason they've called you and you still don't know why. It's weird. Anyway, back on point, when I saw who it was I knew something was up and sure enough this poor friend of mine was just having a bad day. It was one of those things where when it rains it pours and then you begin to feel like you need to build an Ark. I knew she about at her breaking point because the story she was telling me was just getting worse and worse and she was crying which in turn almost made me start crying with her. I just felt bad for her so I just listened to what she had to say and then said a prayer for her once we hung up. The Lord knows, I've called her plenty of times in the past few months crying over all the bad days I've had. I love having friends that know they can call you and vent, cry, complain, and laugh anytime and never feel like it's a bother. I love having friends that I know I can call and vent, cry, complain and laugh and never feel like it's a bother. So, my friend, I'm still praying for you because I know this battle isn't over for you...yet. Next week will be much better.

After I got off the phone with her I ran to Kohl's to find some gifts for a few friends that I'm meeting up with this weekend--so excited about this, you don't understand. I'll tell you more about that later in the week. Then after a run to Zaxby's, which by the way, I'm so stoked that Smyrna has added Zaxby's. It's one of the best chicken places I've ever been to. They have one in Northport, AL, and I've been there a few times with my brother and his family so I was really excited to find that they had built one close to home. Anyway, (I'm so sorry for all the rabbit chases today) I made a quick run there and then rushed home to eat and get ready for my church's softballs games. I don't play but I do like to go watch and root for our team. We haven't had a game in three weeks because it's rained and stormed the past few weeks so finally the fields were dry enough to play. We lost both games but we did have an eventful start to the second game. One of the guys, who didn't play the first game, was up to bat. It was the bottom of the first inning and it was his first time up to bat. He smacked the ball to the outfield and when he went to tag first base he either tripped over the first basemen's foot or he tripped over the bag. It was hard to tell. Long story short, he broke his ankle! I felt so bad for him. He has four daughters who were all there and they are ages 12, 7 and 2 year old twins. The seven year old was sitting next to me and she was all upset because we called the ambulance to get him. So I spent most of my night trying to console this crying little girl. Then the rest of the night the one of the twins kept saying, "Daddy boo-boo." It was cute. So the ambulance whisked him away and I believe he doesn't have to have surgery but still he has to deal with a broken ankle. The rest of the game was uneventful, thank goodness!

Sometimes, we just have bad days. But thank the Lord we always start fresh the next day. In the words of Anne Shirley of Anne of Green Gables, "Tomorrow's always fresh with no mistakes in it."...yet. :)

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I read your blog and enjoy it! Thanks, Janice!