Friday, April 17, 2009

Movin on Up!

Today has to be one of the most beautiful days in Nashville that we have ever had. It's full of sunshine and in the mid 70's. Perfect weather. I just wish I wasn't stuck in an office all day. Oh well, at least I can enjoy it looking out through an office window.

Not much has been going this week really. On Sunday afternoon my brother and his family came into town to surprise my parents. Their mission was accomplished! My brother had called me the Thursday before to tell me they were coming to surprise them and it was so hard to keep it quiet the whole time but I was able to do it. My mom has been very sick for the past few months and she hasn't been able to make it down to AL to see them so they decided to come up and see her. They stayed for a few days and it was so much fun having them here. My niece and nephew have really developed personalities and they are the funniest kids. It's alot of fun to carry on a conversation with my 3 year old niece. She's hilarious. The second night they were here we put my niece in the room with me. She has a blow up Dora mattress that she sleeps on and loves. Well, about 3:30 am I feel this pushing on the bed. I look to see that my niece is awake and is pushing on the bed to wake me up. She starts laughing uncontrollably. I asked her what she was doing and she said she wanted to watch "Mickey" as in Mouse. So I turn the DVD back on and tell her to get back in bed and go to sleep because it's not time to wake up yet. She then, as the movie comes on, proceeds to tell me every single character that comes on the screen. This went on for an hour and half. My brother and sister in law weren't too happy that I let her stay up that long. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't force her to close her eyes and fall asleep. Besides, I'm the aunt and I can let her get away with stuff that they won't. She eventually went to sleep at 5 am so what was the harm? I had a good time with her. I sure wish they lived closer.

I'm having a busy weekend coming up. Tonight is dinner and movie with a friend. I haven't gone to a movie in forever and I'm eating Mexican so the night just got so much better! We are going to see State of Play with Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck. We aren't actually going with them but they are in it. I know, that was a bad attempt at humour. Not my finest joke, I tell ya.

Tomorrow is a packing day for me. I'm going to start packing up my apartment. Have I mentioned I'm moving? No, I didn't take that job in Minnesota. I'm making a few changes in my life and this is the first change out of many to come. My ultimate goal is to buy a house so I'm making a transition into doing that. I'm really excited. I don't really have much to write about today. You are probably relieved since some of my posts have been so long lately.

I've been listening to The Osmonds and the American Idol singers that I downloaded to my iPod all day. I don't know why but it has made the day enjoyable. I guess The Osmonds and sunshine go together. :) I'm rambling now. Have a great weekend!

No comments: