Thursday, April 30, 2009

Movingpaloosa!

*Disclaimer: My song choices really have nothing to do with my posts anymore. They are just songs that I like and enjoy! Question though...are the songs distracting from the posts? Just wondering.

Today is day one of my movingpaloosa. I'm at work today so my dad and another couple from our church have graciously volunteered to move all my furniture and heavy boxes out of my apartment and into my storage unit. I think they are leaving me my TV, a lamp, and recliner so I have something to sit on tonight. Tomorrow I think we will be moving my bedroom furniture and hopefully make this into a two day moving event. The rest I can do myself as I clean up my apartment the next week to get ready for my walk through. I kind of feel guilty that they are doing all the heavy lifting and I'm sitting here in my chair at work...kind of. :) I've done so much all ready and I have so much still left to do.

I felt so overwhelmed last night trying to figure out how to pack everything and what to keep and what to store. I know that I can get into my storage unit anytime I want but still. It's a hassle. My mom asked me how I felt about moving and really it's bittersweet. I loved my apartment. I felt safe and cozy in there but yet I hated the noise. I've had two different men live in the apartment above me and both of them stomp all over the place. There were times I felt like they were going to come through the ceiling they would get so loud...especially when the second guy moved in. It was horrible. I had to leave they were being so loud. But I loved the place. It was mine own. But I'm really excited about this next step. To actually own something myself is so exciting for me. Tonight I have to tackle my bedroom. When it comes to that room, I'm not the neatest person so I've to organize it first before I can do anything with it, if that makes sense. :)

I know that awhile ago I wrote a blog about Twitter. I kept hearing about it and never understood what it really was. So after much research and asking people about, I joined it. So yes, I twitter now. So if you also twitter, you can follow me at www.twitter.com/janicedonoho. I can't believe I'm a part of it and I really don't do a whole lot because I still think it's pointless to tell what you do every second of the day but I do follow a few friends and then some celebrities. Some of the things they say can be pretty hilarious. Not much else is going on here as you can probably see. I'm hoping that once I move things will get back to normal for me because I feel like everything is just weird. Maybe it's the swine flu...I don't know. :)

1 comment:

T2Nashville said...

I can't believe you gave in to Twitter - HA! I'm the last hold-out, I guess.

I like the songs. It's interesting to see what you're listening to. My speakers stay turned down anyway, so it doesn't hinder me from reading.