Monday, October 26, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama

It's official! The weekends go by way too fast but I sure had a great one. I took a half day on Friday to travel to Northport, AL, to see my family. We had so much fun. Friday night we went out to eat at this really cool Mexican restaurant called the Iguana Grill. It was stunning inside. They had stars that twinkled hanging from the ceiling. They had this round table that wrapped around a tree (not real) that went from the floor to the ceiling. It was really cool. My niece calls the place Tinkerbell's home. It looks like a place you would see in a fantasy. The food was really good as well.

Saturday afternoon after the kids went down for their nap by sister (in law) and I decided to get out and shop by ourselves. Jenny wanted to get the kids their Halloween costumes for their Trunk or Treat this Wednesday at their church. Anna Grace wanted to be a superhero so we got them a Supergirl and Superman outfit. They were so cute and they loved their costumes. Anna G didn't want to take hers off for anything. After we hit a couple of stores we decided to go the the U of A campus. There was a football game going on and since we couldn't get the tickets we thought we would get we decided to walk around the quad. Jenny really wanted me to experience the atmosphere. Oh! My! Goodness! That was truly an experience. I honestly believe you don't experience college football until you have walk around the campus of the University of Alabama on game day. There are vendors all up and down the streets selling every type of Alabama gear you can imagine and food vendors every where. It was unreal. Of course, we had to get a corn dog and funnel cake. The funnel cake was cool because they were cut into fries instead of all wrapped around in one big pile. It was much easier to eat and share. But walking around the quad was so cool. It was like one big tailgate party. People pay to rent a space and they set up these tents and tables and tables of food. They bring their flat screen TV's and their satellite dishes and they watch the game right there. You definitely can feel the team spirit. I honestly can say I appreciate the Alabama fans and their team spirit. It was so cool! Not cool enough to make me an Alabama fan. :) It was a great weekend and I'm hoping to get back down there in a few weeks. I miss my sister (in -law), brother and their kids so much. I wish I lived closer to them.

Sunday was a great day. I really enjoy going to my brother's church. The people are very friendly and the preaching is always uplifting and inspiring. Of course the music is always outstanding. My brother really does a great job. The choir sang a special and they did an awesome job. It makes me miss the days when our church had a choir. I really didn't want to leave Sunday but I had to get back in order to come to work today.

Tonight is Ladies Prayer Group and our second installment of the Andy Griffith Bible Study. The ladies really enjoyed it last month so I'm excited about tonight's study. To get into the theme of the Bible Study everyone is bringing a southern food for our meal. I'm bringing fried okra and I think I'm going to make some sweet tea as well.

I feel as if it will be a great week! Happy Monday!

No comments: