Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good Food, Good Dancing, Good Life

Last night our ladies at church had a blast! It was our monthly Ladies Prayer Group meeting and we are doing a study called The Mayberry Bible Study and its so much fun. Last night we watched an episode about Aunt Bee being tricked into taking an elixir that was 85% alcohol and her and the rest of the Ladies Aide at their church became intoxicated. It was quite hilarious. The lesson from this episode was temptation. It was so good and we had quite a discussion afterwards. It was a really great night. I mentioned yesterday that we were cooking southern food for the meal and the ladies went all out. We had fried chicken, chicken and dumplings, mustard greens, sweet potatoes, fried okra, sweet tea, corn bread, peach cobbler, apple pie and banana pudding. It was all delicious and I'm still so full from trying them all. Good times!

Tonight I have no plans but to relax and curl up on the couch reading a good book and watching Dancing with the Stars. I have to ask some of you who watch this show...what is up with the double eliminations two weeks in a row?! That's just seems a little drastic. They've already had one double elimination and they had another celebrity drop out due to an injury so why do they feel that they have to eliminate four more couples in the next two weeks. That seems a little unfair. I guess maybe they are trying to finish up before the holidays. Who knows?

I'm excited that tomorrow is my walk through on my new home. I had it inspected yesterday and I'm a little concerned though because they found a huge puddle of water in the bottom of the dishwasher and on the kitchen floor that has seeped into the carpet and probably the wood on the cabinets. I hope this doesn't push my closing back but I'm going to ask (or demand) that it all gets taken care of rather quickly. They also said that there were several tears to the linoleum in the kitchen. I am getting a little concerned about it all so can you all pray that things go smoothly during the walk through and that they will fix all the problems in time for the closing next Wednesday. I have never signed my name as much as I have already to purchase this home and I'm not even to the closing yet. My contract was around 40 pages and of course, I had to sign and initial every page. Then we decided to take care of all my loan pages before the closing to I just finished signing and dating every page there to mail back to them. I can't imagine having to sign more pages and of course, I don't understand a word that is written on those pages. Luckily, I have an awesome realtor who is unbelievable at her job and knows everything and can explain it where I understand it. I never thought I would purchase a home on my own but I am and I'm quite proud of myself.

No comments: