Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall Festival

Saturday we had our church's annual Fall Festival. It's so much work to put it together and by the end of the day I was exhausted and sore but it was worth it. There were several glitches the day of but everything in the end worked out and it was a pretty successful day. Our church does this, of course, for our own people but we mainly do this as an outreach to the community. We had several visiting families tell us that they really enjoyed it and thanked us for having something like this for anyone to come to. They expressed interest in our church and I'm praying that we get some families visit our worship services as a result. I was so proud of our people. I'm not surprised at their friendliness, generosity and genuineness of compassion for everyone.

There were two big hits of the day. The first was a new inflatable bounce we rented. Usually we rent one of the small square jumps that people can go in and jump around. This year we decided to get a larger one that was an obstacle course. It was two lanes where you first climb up a wall and then slide down a slide. It was hilarious watching grown adults climbing those walls and hurling themselves over the top and down the slides. It was quite comical. The second hit was a fundraiser the youth group was holding. They sold tickets for people to "pie the pastors". It's exactly what it sounds. They had a line (a very long line) of people waiting to throw pies at our pastor and our youth pastor. It was hysterical. All in all the day was a hit and there were plenty of good times.

We had a great day in our worship services. We were pretty down in attendance but it was a good day. The sermons preached were very moving. Of course, just when things are going great Satan has to rear his ugly head. You can tell that Satan is attacking our church and some of our families. So our church must be doing something right if Satan is attacking. I just pray that our families remain strong in the Lord and can overcome some of these obstacles that Satan has thrown at them. I feel like I am one of them as I seem to be battling some internal struggles.

Since I had such a jam packed weekend, I am doing not a blessed thing tonight. When I get home I am putting my pajamas on, my hair up and get a blanket and snuggle into the couch to watch Dancing with the Stars and Castle. It will be a wonderful night. :)

Happy Monday!

No comments: