Thursday, October 22, 2009

Babies and More Babies!

This has been a busy week. We had our missionary Boot Camp all this week. It ended this morning and all the missionaries are on their way to their respective homes. It was a great week. They were a great bunch of men and I believe they all are going to do unbelievably well in planting a new church. I have such tremendous respect for Home Missionaries. I've stated on here before that I'm a daughter of former Home Missionaries it is not a job for just anyone. It takes a special kind of person to be able to start a church from nothing and build it something great for the Lord. It definitely is a special calling. So I'm asking everyone to remember all our Home Missionaries in prayer every day.

I'm leaving tomorrow to head down to Alabama. I haven't seen my family in well over a month and I'm ready for some niece and nephew time. They are getting so big and my niece will be 4 in February and she is so grown up. You can understand her completely now when you talk to her on the phone. My nephew is starting to talk now. He's so cute. He's like a little man. He didn't stay baby long enough for me. Last night I got to hold newborn baby twins. They are preemies actually. The girl was only 4 lbs and some ounces and the boy was 5 lbs and some ounces. They were born last Wednesday or Thursday which is about a month before their due date. They are completely healthy and went home from the hospital last Sunday afternoon. My mom and I took dinner over to them last night and I got to hold them both. They were so tiny and light. Holding the baby girl was like holding a doll. They were so sweet and had lots of dark hair. I got baby fever last night and said out loud that I wanted one. Of course, my mother shot me this look like, "Don't even think about it!" Of course I had to tease her and tell her that I didn't actually need a husband to have a baby. I thought she was going to die right then and there. But don't worry...the only way this girl is getting pregnant is if it was another immaculate conception.

My sister in law called me last night to tell me to pack warm clothes this weekend because she might be getting tickets to the Alabama vs. Tennessee game on Saturday. Chad said he would stay home with the kids and let us go since I haven't been to a Bama game yet (they've already been once this season). Jenny is a HUGE TN Vols fan and we both hate Bama. I was teasing a friend of mine that I would be wearing my blue and orange gear to represent the Fighting Illini but then she reminded me that those were also Auburn colors and since Auburn and AL are huge rivals I might forgo the Illini gear (Oh how I miss the North). We'll see. I haven't decided yet. I'm just excited to spend some time with my family.

Oh - this song I have on here today by Queen has nothing to do with the post. I just like it and it reminds me of the movie The Breakup...awwe Vince Vaughn. :)

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

T2Nashville said...

First, I am so JEALOUS that you might get to go to a college football game this weekend, even if both teams suck. HA! Wear that orange and blue, girl, and shout "WAR EAGLE" for me while you're at it! Oh, and I heart Queen! Thanks for giving me my fix today!

Janice said...

Glad I could help you out with your "fixes". LOL! Oh, will wear that orange and blue proudly but to save my life I doubt I will shout "War Eagle!". I'm not THAT stupid. :)