Monday, September 21, 2009

I Bless Your Name

Ever feel like everything you do or try to do is wrong and there are people right there always willing to point it out to you at every turn? Yep, that's been me this past week. I've been involved with a certain project (that is not work related) and no matter how hard I try to make it better and make it organized and run smoothly there is someone there to point out all my flaws and get angry with me at every little detail. I know that I can't please everyone and I don't try to but I just get tired of people not letting me be human. It seems like I can't have emotions, feelings, opinions or just plain make mistakes. Every time I have any of the mentioned actions, I get yelled at, snubbed or talked to like I'm a five year old. I just got tired of it so last night I resigned from all positions. Of course, I was told that I need to just think and pray about it but I've made up my mind. I know it sounds like I'm just giving up and quitting and I guess I am but I need a break...from everything. I also think this is what is best for the situation at hand.

I read a blog today about a person dealing alot this summer with fears and frustrations so they spent time out in nature camping and hiking. What is about being out in nature that makes you feel refreshed and renewed and closer to the Lord? That's what I do to renew my spirit with the Lord. There is a trail near my home that I hike when I need to relieve stress and frustration. There's just something about walking through God's creation with no phones, no sirens, no TV that let's you hear God. Without all the distractions you seem to get everything in perspective. Reading this certain blog today reminded me of Psalms 121:1-2. It says, "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth." These verses were so comforting to me today. I've had so many frustrations, fears and stress lately myself that I felt like I couldn't breathe. But I know through it all the Lord is there beside me helping it through it all.

Thank you, Lord, for being my Rock and Comfort and Help in my times of need. I can't live without You. You are all I need and I bless Your name!

No comments: