Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Houses, Hotels and Revivals...Oh My!

Exciting things have been happening here lately. I have done something that I never thought I would do (or do alone) but I made the step and I purchased my own home. I haven't actually bought it yet. I have signed the contract and will close on it in the middle of November. It's a townhome which I love. I didn't want to have to be responsible for a lot of yard work my first time out so I thought a townhome would be a better route, plus they are a little more affordable than a single family home. It's a new construction home so I'm unbelievably excited that I will be the first one living in this home. It will be move in ready, which is what I was looking for and realized after months of house hunting that there are not too many of those out there. Some people just don't take care of their homes. While house hunting I looked at many HUD homes or foreclosure homes. They were not in the best of conditions and I just don't have the money to fix them back up. My realtor took me to this one home in LaVergne and it was a cute home but the last owners decided to take some things of the house with them like, the bushes, the gutters, the heating/air unit out back, and the kitchen. Yes, the ENTIRE kitchen...stove, fridge, dishwasher, sink, cabinets....everything! Did I mention they also took the gutters!! But they left the satellite dish attached to the house, go figure.

But I'm so excited about this new place. This was the subdivision that I really wanted to be in and it is close, work, church and my parents. I mentioned that it was new construction and that is why I have to wait until November to close...it's still being built! Actually it is built but they are not done with it on the inside. All they have done on the inside is the drywall is up and the ceiling is painted. They also have the floor down in the kitchen and the entry way. They just need to finish the flooring downstairs and upstairs, paint the walls and install the kitchen. I might post pictures but I want to wait until it's finished. I'm so excited but nervous all at the same time. I can't believe I'm a homeowner now.

My weekend went pretty well. I had a terrible migraine on Friday so I had to leave early from work and then later I went house hunting and found my incredible new home! My mom and I got this great offer to spend two nights at the Opryland Hotel. So we went and stayed last night and tonight. It's a little weird staying at a hotel in the town you live in but the hotel is very nice. I remember going to the hotel during college to walk around and take pictures with friends. It is a gorgeous hotel and if you ever come to Nashville it's definitely a place to visit even if you don't stay there. The gardens and waterfalls are absolutely stunning. So after work today I will run home, pick up my mom (who decided to spend the day at home instead of the hotel) and then head back out to the hotel to wander around and enjoy the sights.

This weekend will be pretty busy as well. My brother and his family are coming into town because our church is having a weekend revival and my brother is heading up the music. David Crowe, who is one of the directors where I work, is our evangelist and Chad will be leading the music and handling all our special music. So if you are in the Nashville area and would love to hear some awesome singing and preaching come on over to Rejoice FWB Church. We would love to have you. On Saturday night we are having a banquet for our church members and Aaron Wilburn will be bringing the entertainment. He is a Christian comedian and he is hilarious. I know he used to travel with the Gaither Homecoming crew for a while. David and Aaron have become pretty good friends. They met at a church where David was the evangelist and Aaron was the entertainment. So they've done a few things together like that and we've even used him for one of our retreats that we had in Pigeon Forge. I'm looking forward to it.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: