Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Changing Seasons

Today I ordered a soundtrack online and the coolest thing was that as soon as I purchased the song it was ready for download! I was so excited. I didn't have to wait a week to receive it in the mail. That's the second time that's happened. A few weeks ago I ordered a song and the seller e-mailed me the mp3 of it and all I had to do was download it and burn it to a CD. If everyone is starting to do this, I will be one happy gal. Of course all these places are still charging the same price which isn't fair since I'm having to use my own CDs but at least I don't have to pay for shipping anymore. So there is always good and bad in everything. Ahh, we are happy but never fully satisfied. That's sounds like a good devotion but I won't go there today. :-)

Nashville has been such a gloomy place these past few days or should I say these past couple weeks. I'm sure you've seen it on the news that this region is getting drenched. It has not stopped raining for days. Luckily it's not a nonstop rain this week like it has been but the sun won't come out which makes everyone's moods not the greatest. I love this type of weather but even I'm tired of not having a sunny day. It looks like fall outside with the leaves changing and the constant cloud cover and rain but it is so humid and muggy and just plain hot! If the weather was cooler than I think everything would be more tolerable. But as I read on someone's Facebook status the other day, "Thank you Lord for the rain. Help us not to complain for when it is hot and dry we will pray for it again." I liked that. It's so true. When it is so dry we pray for rain but when it rains we pray and beg the Lord to take it away. I catch myself doing that with temperatures. When it's blistering hot I pray for winter to come with the cooler weather and then when it's winter I can't wait for summertime to come with the warmer weather. Again, the whole never being fully satisfied thing again. I think part of it is I was raised in Illinois where there is a distinct difference in the seasons. I miss that.

I got exciting news! I have a confirmed date and time for my closing so on November 4, 2009, I will become an official home owner. Does it naturally come with heart palpitations?

No comments: