Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fearful Sounds

I wandered up the stairs alone with a clear purpose in mind. All other thoughts stripped except for the task at hand. The room was small and stuffy and a fine layer of dust covered every exposed area in the cluttered space. I spot the intended objects of my focus and set about doing what I knew had to be done. Halfway through my task, I hear something that makes me freeze in an instant. After a few moments of listening to the fearful sound, I cautiously and slowly turn my head from one side to the other to try and find the source of this horrifying noise. A noise that has made me so fearful it has caused me to forget about what I was doing in this cramped room and why I was even there in the first place. Realizing that the noise is not coming from around me, I slowly lift my eyes upward and there by the shadeless lightbulb I spot it. The very sight of it has made me go paralyzed and the noise of this creature is deafening. My stomach churns as I stare at this most awful looking beast and I suddenly lose my breath. My lungs automatically scream at me in pain as I try to fill them back up with air that just wouldn't come. Suddenly, by a power greater than my own, my mind clears long enough to remember why I was in this terrifying room. I quickly and quietly finish my task so I don't call attention to this evil looking monster less it comes after me full force and cause excruciating pain. I slowly creep to the edge of the room and quietly but swiftly sneak down the steps and slam the door shut locking in this horrible, terrifying,and grotesque animal. The emotions running through me at this moment were too many to explain. I realize what had just happened and thank God that my life was spared.

To simplify this story...I went up into the attic of the church last night to check all our signage for the Fall Festival coming up and a wasp was flying over my head. It terrified me to death since I have a HUGE fear of wasps...but wasn't that story much more interesting than the simple version?! :)

No comments: