Monday, March 16, 2009

What A Weekend

What a weekend it has been and in this weekend I'm including today. This weekend I will have attended 2 concerts a wedding and a funeral. I've been busy. Saturday I had a wedding to attend which was beautiful. It actually lasted longer than fifteen minutes which has seem to be the norm for the past couple of wedding I've been to. Her colors were purple (well aubergine) and white and it was just a beautiful wedding. (A little side note: every time I've typed wedding I've been typing weeding. These cursed double letters!) But it was a nice wedding and I didn't feel sorry for myself one time. :) After the wedding I decided to treat myself to Target shopping (this might have been why I didn't feel sorry for myself) I was able to find two serving bowls both on sale for $4 a piece. Woo Hoo! Then I ran into two church members (at different times) while there so I spent a good amount of time in Target. I then had to go home to get ready for the Brad Paisley/Dierks Bentley concert that night.

Let me tell you that this concert was about one of the best concerts I have ever been to. It was so awesome. I love Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley and this was the first time that I have seen either one of them in a full concert and it was awesome! Well worth the money. I have never heard anyone play the guitar like Brad Paisley. He is the most talented person I have ever seen. He just tore it up the entire night. We had great seats as well. I was able to get some good pictures when I would zoom in on my camera. I have them up on Facebook page if you are interested in seeing them. If you ever get a chance to see Brad Paisley or Dierks Bentley in concert, I highly recommend that you go. You will enjoy it thoroughly. Darius Rucker (Hootie from Hootie and the Blowfish) was the opening act and I was pleasantly surprised. I was not a big fan of Hootie and the Blowfish so I wasn't really looking forward to hearing him but he did a great job so much so that I will probably download a few of his songs on my iPod.

Today I had a funeral to attend. A lady who has worked in the Home Missions office for over 20 years passed away last week. She actually retired several years ago and was still volunteering her time a few days a month in our office until she got very ill with heart failure. She had been bound to her bed for over a year at the time of her death. She was the sweetest person I know but she was so ready to go see her Savior. She was tired of being ill and I couldn't be happier for her but boy are we going to miss her here.

Tonight is another milestone and future awesome experience for me. I'm going to see New Kids on the Block tonight. I friend of mine got two free tickets and I'm so stoked!! I've wanted to see them in concert since I was 12 and now I get the chance. I can't wait to report back to you how it was. I just want to here Joey McIntyre sing "Please Don't Go Girl"! Oh, those blue eyes. I can not wait!! Double Woo-Hoo!!

So I need to tell you about this book I'm reading. I shouldn't even embarrass myself by telling you this but I was at LifeWay the other day picking up a copy of her newest release and I started browsing the Women's section. I was looking for a good devotional book to read and I came across a book by Jackie Kendall. I don't know if you've heard of her but she wrote the book Lady in Waiting. I read that book in college but honestly don't remember much of it. I do remember the guys in college would complain about that book because all the girls were reading it and breaking up with their boyfriends. It was funny. No girl would go out with any guy during a two month span. The guys would say, "That stupid book has ruined our lives. We need to burn them." Very comical now that I look back on it. But anyway, she's written a sequel, I guess you can say, called A Man Worth Waiting For: How to Avoid a Bozo. She is basically writing about how you can find your Boaz and not a Bozo like Amnon. It's very enlightening and I realized (even though I think I already knew this) that I've been choosing to date guys who posses Bozo-like qualities. She tells the story of Ruth and Boaz in a way that I never had read or heard it and then compares Amnon to Bozo which is hilarious to me because Amnon was a Bozo or a worse name if you dare call him anything. If you are single or know someone who is single and looking, I do recommend this book to read. It's actually a very good book for high school or college girls to read. I've always said and I still stand by this that I would rather stay single for the rest of my life than settle for someone and be miserable for the rest of my life. I don't want to get married just for the sake of getting married and so I would rather be single then be with the one that wasn't right for me. Even though it hurts when things don't work out and it gets sad and lonely when there isn't a prospect in sight I would gladly let Jesus be all I need than settle for a Bozo.

Okay, I've written enough and probably too much but I had alot on my mind today. Happy Monday and please pray for the sun to come out here in Nashville. It's been so dreary with no sun for over a week. I can't remember what it looks like anymore. :-)

No comments: