Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm So Excited!

**Disclaimer: I can never remember if I've used a title before so if I have please forgive me.

It's official that Nashville has the craziest weather known to man! The first two days of the week were so nice. Monday it was in the 70's and Tuesday it got up to 80. It was so wonderful but now it's 34 degrees and sleeting! Oh, Mother Nature, how you like to tease us with the good weather. It just makes me yearn for spring that much more. I can not wait until springtime. I'm ready for warmer weather. Of course, Monday I couldn't enjoy the weather because Sunday afternoon I decided to get the flu and was bound to my bed all of Sunday night and Monday. It was awful. I'm telling you that I am so over being sick. I've been sick for an entire month and finally am starting to feel back to normal. I ended up yesterday buying some vitamin C to see if that will help me stay healthy.

There really isn't much to write about. My life, I'm noticing, is a very small simple life. I don't really do much that leads me to write some long fabulous story to keep people entertained. I basically work, go home, eat supper, watch TV, read, go to bed. Throw in a little church time and a night or two over at my parents house for dinner and you pretty much have my life. Boring, huh?! When you have no husband or kids to fill up that extra time you tend to have too much time on your hands with nothing to do and too much time on my hands is not really a very smart thing. Take for instance tonight. I have no where to go and no one to talk to so I'll be home probably doing laundry and I should really clean my apartment but I'm just that lazy that I can probably forget about that. At least it's Thursday which is a good TV night. It's even rumored that George Clooney will be on ER tonight. I haven't watched ER in years but if George Clooney will be on there, I'll watch it.

I do have a fun filled weekend planned, I hope. I have a wedding and two concerts to go to. There is a couple in my church who is getting married Saturday and I couldn't be happier for them. They have an amazing story. They both were addicted to drugs and alcohol for years. The bride's family has been coming to our church for years and then a few years ago she went to the Hope Center for Women and got her life right and was saved. She's been coming to our church ever since and is such a warrior for the Lord. The groom started coming to our church after meeting his fiance. He went to the Rescue Mission to get cleaned up and now both of them have been clean and sober for a few years now. He works for the Rescue Mission helping other men get clean and she works for the Hope Center for Women. They are the sweetest couple and I can't wait for their wedding on Saturday. It's so amazing to see the miracles being made in people's lives. God is so amazing!

Then after the wedding I'm meeting a friend and we are going to the Brad Paisley/Dierks Bentley concert!! THEN on Monday night, this same friend and I are going to the New Kids on the Block concert! I'm so stinking excited about this. Actually, I'm so excited, I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! Yeah, I just broke out into song. :-)

No comments: