Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stand Still

I didn't sleep a wink last night so I'm dead tired today. I had alot on my mind and then at 12:30 last night I checked facebook and saw that my best friend from IL had written me a note so I knew she was up and I ended up calling her. We proceeded to talk until 2 am! I was so glad that she was up and willing to talk to me. I always love talking to her because she makes me laugh like no one else. We have been friends since the 4th grade probably. We grew up in the same state and became friends when we started attending church camp together. We have the type of relationship that we can go six months without talking and then when we do get together it's like no time has passed at all. I'm so thankful for her friendship and she was exactly what I needed last night. I've been going through a rough patch in my personal life for the past couple of weeks and honestly, it's about to do me in. I know that God is trying to teach me to trust Him and His will but I always get myself in the way. I always end up making things worse and complicate things and I know that if I just stand still and let Him move then I know I would have peace. But I always end up trying to fix things myself. I was reading my Bible last night and came across Jeremiah 29:11. I love the NIV version of this verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
Plans to give you hope and future."
What a promise that verse holds for us. Sometimes I forget that the Lord sees the future and that He does love me and cares what happens to me. Sometimes I forget that I fit into the palm of his hand and that He has a plan for my life. Sometimes I just wish he would reveal that to me in blinking lights where I know for sure that is what He wants. But I do know that when He does reveal His plan for me I will say, "Ah! So that's what You were doing in that situation! I should have known!"
So like millions of other people last night I watched The Bachelor. And a disclaimer that if you haven't watched it yet, then you might want to stop reading this. Can I just say that this guy is an idiot and a jerk! That may be harsh and I'm not really one to call people names but what gives a man a right to play with a woman's emotions like that? What gives him the right to dump someone on national TV? Was it all planned and done for ratings? Probably but still! I felt so bad for Melissa because evidently she didn't see it coming. My question is in a few months will he change his mind again when the "spark" or whatever changes with him and Molly? I wasn't a fan of Molly to begin with because there was always something fake about her in my opinion but I was so disappointed after watching that last night. It will interesting to watch the final "After the Rose" episode tonight to see where they all are now. Such drama! At least it made for good TV. I'm all for being entertained but not at the expense of someone else's feelings. That should have been done in private and not on national TV. How humiliating and embarrassing for Melissa. I don't know about her but that would be a hard thing to get over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I love you Jannabanana!I cherish our friendship too and I'm so thankful for you! It was so much fun talking last night. I will keep on praying! Love you and miss you!