Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oh, What a Night!

So about my titles. I never title my blogs until after I've written them because I don't know if you've noticed but I try to use all song titles or a phrase in a song for my blog titles. I don't know why I started doing that but I think it's cute and unique. It also takes a little imagination. Although everything reminds me of some type of song. I was talking with someone the other day and they were talking about stinky animals and I started singing Smelly Cat. That song was a song that Phoebe from FRIENDS use to sing. She only sang "jingle" type songs but nonetheless I still catch myself singing them every now and then. Hilarious.

I know I've been absent from the blog again. This is becoming the norm. I don't know why I don't blog like I used to you. Sometimes, I'm just not in the mood to type and other times I'm just really busy at work and can't get to it. But at any rate, I will try once again to blog. It's hard for me to blog sometimes. I just don't have much going on in my life worth telling really and I do want to keep some type of privacy about myself but I still enjoy the thoughts of blogging. So I will just start being creative so look out for tomorrow's blog. It's a stinger!

I realized that I never told you about my New Kids on the Block night. I can't believe I never ended up blogging about that because that was one of the most incredible nights I've had. No I didn't get to meet them but it was still an incredible night. They sang all their hits and then they did all their new songs as well. It was nonstop dancing for two hours. The stamina that those guys had was incredible. Those guys really can sing. I think their singing is better now and their dancing seems to be better as well. Joey McIntyre, of course, is and has always been my favorite and he did not disappoint. He was incredible. I noticed that night just how great a singer he really is. He did a medley of songs by himself of old Frank Sinatra type songs and he just blew me away. It was nonstop entertainment. We had great seats. We sat in a suite that put us pretty close to the stage to where we could see their faces pretty well. We also took our binoculars so we were able to really see them up close. At one point in the show they went to the "B" stage out in the middle of the audience which put them right in front of us. It was awesome. Of course, I was reverted back to my middle school days when they were really popular. I kept saying that my inner 12 year old kept coming out. But you know as much as I loved them back in the day I think I have a greater appreciation for them now as an adult. I can't place my finger on why but when I think of NKOTB I go back to the time when they were popular and I remember just how good life was back then. How carefree I was...no bills to pay, no job to go to, no worries about if I'm going to spend the rest of my life alone. It was just a fun and sweet time in my life and for a minute that night I had forgotten that I had bills to pay and a job that I had to go to the next morning and that I was still searching for Mr. Right. It was just an unbelievable night and really a dream as a 12 year old came true. I got to see New Kids on the Block in concert...in person. Oh, what a night it was!

1 comment:

T2Nashville said...

I was born in late December back in '63, so "Oh What a Night" is a pretty special song to me. Had a great time at the concert with you!