Friday, March 6, 2009

The Right Stuff

Oh my goodness!! I am such a happy person right now! I just got the best news in the entire world that I can hardly contain myself and my inner 12 year old is coming out in me. My friend, Tammy, just called me to say that she just got two tickets to the New Kids On The Block concert coming up in a couple of weeks! I am stoked! I was so excited that I actually screamed and everyone in the office came running to see what was wrong. I then got very embarrassed but oh well...it's NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!!!! When I heard that NKOTB were reuniting I was really excited but bummed when they decided not to come to Nashville for their tour. Then they decided to extend their tour and added Nashville to their dates. I am super excited. I loved them the first time around and now I just can't wait. My favorite has always been Joey but I have a soft spot for all of them. I've tried to keep up with them all throughout the years. I think I've watched most of Donnie's movies. He's an unbelievable actor. The whole reason I started watching Dancing with the Stars was that the first season Joey was a contestant. Unfortunately he didn't win but it was still fun to watch him. Then a few years later the Dancing with the Stars tour came to Nashville and he was apart of that. It was awesome. It was fun to watch him dance his routines again but what was cool was he was able to sing as well. It was kind of surreal because as a preteen you see them and wonder what it would be like to see them in person and then 20 years later I'm actually watching Joey McIntyre preform live. It was moment that was pretty awesome and I'll always remember that. So to see these five guys in person is going to be pretty exciting to say the least! What's even more awesome is two days before that concert I'll be going to a Brad Paisley/Dierks Bentley concert. What a wonderful world.

I'm only working a half day today. I'm leaving to go to Alabama to visit my brother and his family this weekend. I'm can't wait. It's been a month since I've seen them. I wish I had time to stop and see my friend in Birmingham but I don't think I'll have the time. One of these visits I'll make sure to make time to see her. Not much else is going on besides the fact that I'm loving this warmer weather. I was so tired of the cold. In Alabama its supposed to be near the 80's so I see going to the park with my niece in the plan for this weekend. I can't wait. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back off! Joey is MINE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so jealous! They came to the DuQuoin State Fairground when I was in 7th grade but the concert was on a Wednesday night and my mom wouldn't let me go. I better have a huge jewel in my crown someday for that one! I'm pretty sure I missed Joey's marriage proposal to me that night! :) Take lots of pictures for me!!