Thursday, January 15, 2009

No More Night!

Man, is it freezing outside! I mean it is chilling to the bone. I've had my heater running at work all day. I don't remember being so cold. It is in the middle of the afternoon and it is only 20 degrees outside. Luckily there are no clouds or it would probably be colder out. Tonight it's supposed to get in the single digits. It hasn't been like that in Nashville in a long time. I just wish we had a bunch of snow to go with that. Metro Schools have called off school tomorrow because of the frigid weather. I'm not complaining about the cold weather because I'm from the north and I don't want my northerner friends making fun of me but it's just really cold outside.

Today for lunch our office went to The Cheesecake Factory. This place is like a little piece of Heaven. I ordered for lunch Renee's Special. It is a cup of soup, half a sandwich and a small salad. It's very tasty. I can never eat the whole thing so I took it all home and will be enjoying it again tonight for supper. I did order a slice of Dulce de Leche cheesecake. I only had a few bites but it was so good. It just melted in my mouth! It has to be a sin to taste so good but I also think that Heaven has to have cheesecake up there minus the calories. That makes me think of what exactly Heaven will be like. I know there is a book about Heaven that tells what they think it will be like but I do wonder sometimes if we will have some of the goodness that is on earth like cheesecake. Our church last year went through the book of Revelation and it was very eye opening and it actually comforted me about dying and being in Heaven. I'm just so excited because there will be no more pain, no sorrow or crying, no worrying about weight or finding clothes to fit right. All we have to do is praise and worship the Lord! How fun and exciting will that be? I just don't get how people openly and willingly choose Hell. I have a family member who told my dad once after he tried to talk to her about the Lord that she has chosen Hell and to leave her alone. How could she do that? There is constant pain for eternity. Why choose a place of constant pain over a place of complete of peace and joy. I don't get it. I love the song No More Night. I especially love the way David Phelps sings it. He is truly one of the best tenors I have ever heard in my life and when he sings this song I get chill bumps up and down my arms. It's amazing.

I'm so excited because I'm going to Alabama this weekend to see my family. I feel guilty every time I do though because I go right through Birmingham to get there. I have a friend who lives outside of Birmingham and I never stop and see her. I tried to once but something came up and we couldn't meet and we've never tried to get together again. So, Serena, I'm sorry I never stop to see you. I will be going back down there twice in February for birthdays so hopefully I can stop and catch up for a bit. But anyway, I'm so excited to see my family. Lately I have just gotten closer and closer to my brother and sister (in law) and I love being around them. My nephew is only 11 months old started walking all the time now so I can't wait to see that. He took his first steps on Christmas Eve and I was able to see that but after his nap later that day he seemed to forget what he did earlier. Then just a few days ago he just got up and walked across the room. He's so smart. My niece is getting at that really fun age where she will get on the phone with you and carry on an actual conversation. It's really cute. I was talking to her the other day and told her that I was coming to see her this weekend and she was so excited because she wants to have a tea party (she got a tea set for Christmas). So I told her we could have one. She's so cute, smart, adorable, talented, etc. :) But I'm not biased at all.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hope you have fun this weekend! Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

So sweet...have a good trip, and I REALLY hope we can get together next month! Stay warm!
Serena