Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ladies in Red

You know you have been working too long with people when you all show up wearing the exact same thing for work! It was down right hilarious. I work with 3 other women and 3 men and all four of us ladies are wearing red sweaters and black skirts today. It is so funny. We took a picture but the photo is so unbecoming of me that it will never be seen by anybody! What are the odds that all four of us would be wearing the same outfit? Everyone in the building has been coming by to look at us since it got around that we all dressed alike. I feel like a spectacle now. Really, do these people not have anything else to do? What feels weird is that I was running late today and I forgot to put on all my jewelry. I feel really bare without it. Oh well, at least my hair looks decent.

Church was really good last night. So far my dad's done pretty well in his sermons and studies for 2009. Not that he doesn't ever do well but they have been exceptionally good lately. I'm getting alot out of them. After church I went out to dinner with a friend that I haven't seen in almost a month. We had a really great time and were able to catch up. She's missed alot in my life that's so exciting so it was awesome to tell her about all that has been going on. We were the last ones to the leave the restaurant last night. We went to our favorite Mexican place and you know you've been there way too much when all the workers recognize you and call you a regular. We had no idea we were considered "regulars". I kind of felt special. :-)

My dad has started a club at the church called the 10 Pound Club. He is challenging any one who wants to lost weight to try and lose 10 pounds by February 28. He had us all sign a paper and everything. He's starting to send us encouraging emails everyday. I'm excited about it. I need to lose more than 10 pounds but it's better to only think of 10 instead of the entire number. It's too overwhelming if you say, I need to lose 50 pounds. My goal is to only do 10 at a time to get to the bigger number. I really want to lost all my weight this time and just feel better. I want to look better of course but really I just want to feel better. So I'm really excited about doing this. My only problem is that I hate water. I'll drink it but I can't really stand the taste of plain water. I need to try the flavored water. I'm just not sure which kind to try. I'll let you know how the progress goes.

No comments: