Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Blog

Has it really almost been a week since I blogged?! I didn't mean to go so long. I've been busy and also out of town. I've been trying to update my work's website and then in the process give it a new look. It's not turning out so great. It's a work in progress and I know that eventually I will get it but it will take some time. This is not my area of expertise but I'm trying. I'm hoping I can get it done by the National next month. I know that within two weeks I'll be adding a new page to the website titled "Blog".

There will be three official Home Missions blogs. My boss had talked to me about last week and asked me to think about starting a new blog. He and his wife (who plays a vital role with our missionaries) have been toying with a way to keep in touch with our missionaries and their families on a regular basis. They've realized that blogging is a popular format and so they will be starting a blogs to our missionaries. Of course, anybody can read them but it will be geared towards the missionaries. He asked me last week if I would considered writing a weekly blog geared toward the MK's or missionary kids. I know I've mentioned on here that I used to write a children's newsletter that was exclusive to our missionaries' children. I grew up a Home Missionary's kid so I've been right where they are and understand everything they are going through. It'll be just a weekly blog and it will be geared towards the teens. We'll see how it goes. I'll put a link on here when I get it up and going in case you want to follow it.

This past weekend I went to AL to see my family. I had a great time. My niece and nephew are growing up so fast and they were just a ball to be with. On Saturday my dad, brother, and sister in law were in a golf tournament (well my sister in law worked at it) so my mom and I babysat the kids. It was so much fun. My niece and I decided to make a huge fort in the living room and by fort I mean we laid blankets over every piece of furniture so they would have tunnels to crawl through. Just as we would get the fort completed my nephew would throw himself on top of the blankets and knock the whole thing down. It was pretty funny because he would just giggle and laugh so hard. He totally knew what he was doing. My niece would get so mad at him and yell but he's 18 months old...what are going to do? :) We all would just play and laugh and dance and scream. My nephew is very much into screaming at the top of his lungs in this high pitch girl scream. It was pretty deafening but he got a kick out of it. My niece is such a little girl now. It seems like yesterday she was just a baby. She's getting too big too quickly and it melts your heart when she started saying, "Jan Jan, I don't want you to go home. I want you to stay here with me." She would just hang on to my neck so tight. It would bring tears to my eyes. I don't get to spend near as much time with them as I would like. I hate not being able to see them all the time. But I do get to talk to them on the phone and they know I'm family. Well, my niece knows. She has finally figured out that Chad and I are brother and sister like her and Luke are brother and sister. She's just too cute for words.

I will say though that my trip down there was pretty uneventful until I got into Tuscaloosa. I was about 5 miles from the exit I'm supposed to get off on when the traffic comes to a dead stop. I mean people are out of their cars and walking around kind of dead stop. I called my brother to see if I could get off the nearest exit to wind my way to their house because I wasn't moving. Of course he said it was too confusing and difficult and I could get lost (yeah, right!). So I stayed on the interstate and 2 hours later I'm finally getting off my exit! The reason for the traffic jam? Cows. Yep, somehow cows on a truck got loose and there were cows on the interstate....only in Alabama. Makes me glad I eat meat. :-)

No comments: