Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Chalk It Up To Old Age...if you call 31 old.

I did something that I never do and I still feel horrible about it. I forgot my brother and sister in law's wedding anniversary. I don't know how I forgot. I feel awful. I never forget those kind of things but it just happened. To make matters worse, my parents forgot about it as well and my sister in law's parents didn't call them on their anniversary either. They felt really badly as well. So we called them this morning to apologize profusely. My sister in law was very understanding and was laughing about it, especially when I got on the phone and started singing that Brenda Lee song I'm Sorry. My brother, on the other hand, sounded a little miffed at all of us, no matter how much we apologized for it. Oh well. He'll get over it. :) I'll just have to make it up to them somehow. Oh, their anniversary was on Sunday and we just called them about it on Tuesday morning. yikes! I guess they have reason to be a little bit miffed.

It was just a crazy weekend for us. We had a new music director try out at our church this past Sunday. On Saturday night we had a fellowship for them so our people could meet, ask questions, and get to know this person. Afterwards our band and praise team got together with them and worked on the service for Monday. Our current music director is going to seminary school out of town and so he and his wife will be moving next month. So we had a new person try out at our church and it was interesting. They are very talented. Terrific singer and extraordinary guitar player but every one's different, so it will be interesting to see how the church votes. I know how our band and praise team are voting and how they feel about things. I just hope the whole church is on the same page as we are. We will see. We are voting on Sunday so please pray for our church and the Lord's will in this matter. The music program is such an important part of the services and it's so crucial to get the right person for the job.

Last night we had Ladies Prayer Group and we had a fabulous time. I might have mentioned on here that we are studying the Proverbs 31 woman. I'm learning so much and enjoying every bit of the lessons. I'm not teaching the lessons this year so I'm getting so much more out of it since I'm not teaching it. Does that make sense? I usually am so worried over what I would say and what things I should leave in or leave out that I don't usually get anything out of it. But since I'm not teaching it I'm getting so much out of the lessons. It's been a nice break for me not to teach the lessons this year.

After that I met up with a college friend for dessert so we could catch up. We live in the same town but yet the only time we ever see each other is when we go to the National every year. Isn't that sad? So we decided to get together and hang out a little. It was so much fun. It made me miss all my college friends. I had the best friends in college and when you graduate sometimes you just lose touch with some of them. But with my friend last night, it was like no time had passed at all. We stayed until 11:30 pm in front of Maggie Moo's (yum) on West End Avenue just talking and laughing and watching the hugest rats I had ever seen go by. But needless to say, I'm extremely tired this morning since I didn't get into bed until almost 1am! It was worth it though.

I don't know if you noticed but I've added a link to my new blog on the right side of this blog. I had mentioned on here last week or two that I'm starting a new blog. I'll keep this one as well since this is my personal blog. The new one is for work and its called More Than Just Kids. It's geared more towards our missionary kids but its really for all teens and preteens and for anyone who wants to read it. So if you don't mind just mosey over there and give it a read. I will talk about my experience growing up in a home missionary family and all the adventures we had during that time. I'm also going to be discussing topics that the teens ask me to talk about and encourage them in any way I can. I've gotten some good feedback on it so please feel free to pass this along to your children or friends of yours. If you have any comments or topics you feel needs to be covered on it, please feel free to let me know. I'm always open to suggestions. You can go to the new blog here. I hope you enjoy it. I think I'll enjoy writing it. It's a subject I know all too well.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: