Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Wedding Stuff

I had a friend email me the other day and say she was surprised that I'm not giving any wedding details away on my blog. I had every intention of posting what I was doing and what colors I choose, the cake I got, the flowers I'm ordering. I had even written an entire post about the wedding and then I deleted the whole thing. I realized that I didn't want to give out any details. Not because I'm super private since any one that knows me knows that I'm an open book in most cases. I just realized that I wanted my wedding guests to be surprised I guess you can say.

I know that I have friends that read this who live in other states and won't be able to come to the wedding and want to know every detail. But I realize that I didn't want to give away so much detail and also I didn't want every post to be about the wedding. I always hated when a friend got engaged and all they talked about was their upcoming wedding. I'm trying so hard not to do that with everyone but yet I'm so excited that I do want to talk about it. Besides, I think my words won't do near as much explaining as pictures so I do plan on posting photos of the wedding on Facebook and on here after we get back from the honeymoon.

Which brings me to the real subject of my post today. I will tell you where we are going on our honeymoon. I had asked a few months ago where you all went on your honeymoon. Alan and I just had no idea at that time where we wanted to go that wouldn't break our bank account.

So after much talking and researching and planning we have decided to honeymoon in Maui, Hawaii!! We are so excited. I have been to Hawaii but not to Maui. I went to Oahu in 2008 but I went with a uh "friend" and her mother. It was an all right time. It could have been better. It was a busy vacation then. This time we wanted to go some place where we wouldn't feel as if we had to go to all these places and see all these things to make it worth our while. We just wanted to go to some place where we could just sit and relax on the beach or by the pool and maybe do a couple things here and there. After researching Maui and talking to others who had been there we realized that Maui was the place for us to go. Alan also got a great deal on air, hotel and a rental car.

The hotel we are staying at has a webcam and everyday I take a couple of minutes and open it up and stare at the beach and the awesome pool the hotel has. I especially do that on days and evenings when the weather is gray, raining and freezing outside. It makes my heart happy to know that I'll be there in less than 3 months...with my new husband!! I cannot wait!

No comments: