Friday, February 25, 2011

My Calmer

I'm more in love today than I was yesterday. Last night we had a pretty big nasty storm blow through my area. It was quite powerful. Every county had a tornado warning. I hate storms. I get so scared over the possibility of what could happen during storms that are predicted with tornadoes. When I say scared, I'm talking about nervous stomach and I didn't even eat dinner because I was too nervous over what "could be". I know, not very trusting in God that He will protect me. I was very trusting that He will protect me but the human in me still gets very nervous and scared...especially when I'm home alone.

I was on the phone with my guy when the storm hit and, bless his heart, he kept me calm the whole time. While he was talking I heard a popping outside my back door. So I go back there to check it out and the rain was coming down so hard and I could hear the wind just howling. I looked at the trees and they were completely bent over. The fencing that separates me from my neighbors were shaking back and forth violently and then I could feel my house shaking. All of a sudden part of the fencing blew off. I was like, "Um, Alan? I think there's a tornado outside my house." His reaction? "Cool!" Ugh, men! (Alan loves storms and everything that comes with it. Weirdo.) Anyway, I finally decide to back away from my glass window and try to remember to breathe. Alan though was so good about talking to me and keeping me calm by telling me a story about something and keeping my mind off the storm outside. It worked so well. As I was listening to him I got more intrigued by his story and the next thing I know the storm had passed and praise the Lord I never lost power.

I am more in love today with him than I was yesterday. He is so what I need and I'm glad the Lord had me wait this long for him. He is my other half and I can't believe that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

By the way, there was a tornado that hit down the road from me and damaged the building I work in pretty good. It blew the loading dock doors (which are huge, metal, and heavy) to our warehouse off...frame and all. The ceiling in both the men and women's restrooms collapsed and a For Sale sign had pierced the outside of the building. The storm also ripped one of our security lights out and damaged the wiring in our building. Our area of town (Antioch) was hit pretty hard. Many trees had fallen on houses and cars and quite a bit of business signs have either been blown away by the tornado and straight line winds or they were twisted and mangled and spread across the streets. Luckily there were no major injuries or deaths in our area. It could have been a lot worse. I thank the Lord for His protection and also for my guy staying on the phone with me and keeping me calm during the whole ordeal.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm the same way about storms! Glad you are safe and glad you are blogging again!! :)

Janice said...

Thanks, Amy! I'm enjoying more this time for some reason. :)