Thursday, March 31, 2011

Explosion of the Head

I think if I had an explosion of the head I might feel better. I am still battling whatever this crazy head thing might be. I can tell that I'm getting better after taking Zyrtec for a few days. I've just recently discovered this drug and it has become my best friend. I love it! But since I'm taking this along with some medicine prescribed by a doctor for a small "issue", I'm feeling a little loopy and sluggish. It probably isn't the best combination but at least both problems are getting resolved.

So I've been knee deep (or maybe eyeball deep) in wedding mode lately and I was looking at my forever long list of things to do and get and I've realized that I only have a few items left to do until the week of the wedding. (Boy was that a long sentence.) And since it looks like I may be down for the count for about week coming up soon, this makes me very happy. It has been a stressful process of planning the wedding but it's been a lot of fun at the same time. I can't wait to see how it all comes together on the day. I am determined that no matter what happens on my wedding day all I care about it is getting married to the man of my dreams. Who, by the way, is pretty awesome.

I've been, not stressing, but more worrying about a cake stand. I know this seems like a minuscule item but do you know how expensive it is to rent or buy one of these?! My bakery wanted a $100 deposit just to rent it. I said, "Thanks, but no." I don't know if I told you but my fiancee is a machinist. A pretty good one too and since he has access to metal he said, "Hey baby! Don't worry your purty little head about a cake stand. I can make you one the finest in the land." Okay, so he didn't say it exactly that way but he did say he can make me one and it will cost us about a fourth of what it would have cost to buy or rent one. I love my handy man!

He started on it today and has been sending pictures of his progress. I might post it on here when he gets it all finished. I'm so excited! Who knew that a cake stand would get me all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

No comments: