Thursday, October 7, 2010

Almost Trapped

Last night while I was getting ready for church I went into the guest room to get a jacket out of the closet. When I was standing at the closet I happened to glance back at the door frame and saw a huge black wasp! To say I died was an understatement. I hate wasps with every ounce of my being. It's my hugest phobia and why on earth are they still alive?! It's cold and it's been frosting here in middle TN this week. Shouldn't they all have died a violent death by now?!

Anyway, I screeched and panicked and thought I was trapped in the guest room forever. Finally I mustered up enough courage to run (literally I ran as hard as I could) and get my Windex and squirt the mess out of that little thing so I could kill it and flush its gross self down the toilet. This thing was like the bionic wasp. I sprayed it until finally it couldn't fly anywhere and when I would squish it with my photo album (closet thing to me) it would lay there a second and then pull itself back up and start crawling across the floor. I had to hit the thing 20 times before it finally stopped moving. I was shaking so badly afterwards it wasn't funny. That's how bad my phobia is regarding things creepy little things. I still don't understand their purpose here on earth except to paralyze me with fear.

PS - I hate living alone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! I had tears reading this, I was laughing so hard. Bless you! That's the way I feel about all crawly things - bugs, spiders, flies, rats - they're all nasty!